29 (part three)

Avery POV
One Week Later - Dallas, Texas

"Hey, Avery!" Hailie called out, "what'ya drinking today?" she asked as she shook an empty solo cup full of ice. I shrugged, "I'll have whatever Sam's having" I said as I turned toward her, letting a sly smile creep across my face.

"Your jokes don't bother me, we have waited for so long" she said as I pulled her into me, "I know and it'll all be worth it in the end when you're holding that baby" I said as I ran my hand across her little bump.

"Here you go" Hailie said as she handed me a full cup. I quickly furrowed my eyebrows, "whats in it?" I asked as I scrunch my nose up. "A little of this, and a little of that" she said as he shrugged. I bravely took a sip before spitting it out, "oh my god" I said as I wiped my mouth.

"Hey, hey" Marshall said as he turned the corner to come backstage, "we don't do that around here baby, spitters are quitters" he said as he softly caressed my chin. "Then do me a solid and teach your daughter how to make a proper drink before she gives me alcohol poising" I said as Marshall pursed his lips, before Ashley walked backstage with a bottle of tequila in her hand.

"You ready to loosen some nerves, mama?" she asked as she screwed the top off the bottle and poured a couple shots, before we threw a few back. "Time's ticking, are you excited?" she asked and I nodded, clearing my throat as I definetly started feeling the shots on my empty stomach.

"Mic for Ashley, and a mic for Avery" a stage hand said as he handed us our microphones and continued to wire us up with the microphone packs. "Two minutes, you guys!" another stage hand said, before I quickly glanced back to Marshall who was standing to the side. I gave him a small smile, before he mouthed, I love you and gave me his little famous half smile.

As Ashley walked out on stage to start the show, I couldn't help but turn around to Marshall feeling grateful for everything he'd done to get me here. I let out a small sigh as quickly ran to him, as he wrapped me in his arms as tight as he could, letting my body ease.

"Thank you" I said as Marshall let out a scoff, "for what, baby?" he asked as he continued to hold me, running his hand up and down my back to sooth me. "For everything" I said before pressing my lips to his, letting them linger before hearing my name being called in the background.

Marshall cleared his throat, "that's you, baby" he said as I nodded, as our hands drifted apart before I started walking toward the stage. I clenched onto the mic as I walked on the stage hearing the familiar music of Bad at Love blare through the stadium, as Ashley continued to hype of the crowd.

"I am more than happy that you said yes, to joining me for this leg of the tour" Ashley said as we made eye contact, "so y'all put your hands together, for Avery Mathers" she said as I let out a shy smile as I overlooked the stadium, taking in my surroundings.

Got a boy back home in Michigan

I sang as I looked back, making eye contact with Marshall as he gave me a soft smile, before looking down at the ground.

And it tastes like Jack when I'm kissing him
So I told him that I never really liked his friends
Now he's gone and he's calling me a bitch, again
There's a guy that lives in a garden state, and he told me that we make it 'til we graduate
So I told him that the music would be worth the wait
But he wants me in the kitchen with a dinner plate

I believe, I believe, I believe, I believe
That we're meant to be
But jealousy, jealousy, jealousy, jealousy
Get the best of me
Look, I don't mean to frustrate, but I always make the same mistakes
Always make the same mistakes 'cause

Ashley jumped in, as we sang the chorus together.

I'm bad at love
But you can't blame me for tryin'
You know I'd be lyin' sayin'
You were the one
That could finally fix me
Lookin' at my history, I'm bad at love

"Sing it, Ash!" I said as she took over the next hook as I let out a small laugh, hyping her up.

Got a girl with California eyes
And I thought that she could really be the one this time, but I never got the chance to make her mine
Because she fell in love with little thin white lines
London girl with an attitude
We never told no one but we look so cute
Both got way better things to do
But I always think about it when I'm riding through

I believe, I believe, I believe, I believe
That I'm in too deep
And jealousy, jealousy, jealousy, jealousy
Get the best in me
You know I'm bad at love

"Put those hands together, and show some fucking love for my girl Avery" Ashley said as she pulled me into a tight hug. I quickly covered my face as it turned red, "don't hide, the crowd loves you" she said as I took another glance, taking in the surroundings. 

--

I quickly turned my head to the slight knocks on my dressing room door, "everyone decent?" Ashley asked as she slightly opened it. "Yeah" I said as she walked in with Ender on her hip. "I'm so happy you decided to do the shows with me, you were just, so good" she said as I let out a small laugh.

"Thank you, for wanting me here and for thinking I was good enough" I said softly as I cradled Tatum in my arms. "I tell Marshall all the time, he has to think I'm good enough because we said vows" I said as I let out a laugh. 

"But having other artists, that I respect reach out because they want to collaborate is mind blowing" I said softly. Ashley cleared her throat, "Avery, people love to see you perform. I've watched the way people react to you in person, and on social media" she said as my face started to turn red again. "I promise you, if you let this take its course, you will be on a stage with your own fans in front of you no time"

She shrugged, "you're already selling out stages, when people find out you're gonna be there" she said with a small laugh. "Its how far you wanna take it, if you really wanna pursue it" she said as I nodded.

--