Chapter 6: Subject #17 - 'The Doomsday' Part. 2

CODENAME: THE DOOMSDAY

EXPERIMENT #17

DATE: 16/07/2045

LEAD-SCIENTIST: ████████

SITE LOCATION: ███████ ██

Dr. Paul [L/N]

ENTRY 30: It's been a month since my last entry, but this week we have made some incredible progress on our serum. We have finally found a way to which the dosage will allow the user to switch between both a natural, human form, as well as our 'Doomsday' form. Dr. Bertron seems peppier than usual too, meaning that he just makes more sarcastic remarks at all of us. Apparently the government is very happy with how fast progress is coming along with the experiments. We are currently set to beat the American's super soldiers program, which is good news to the politicians I would imagine. It means little to us scientists. I just want to get this job over and done with. It's quite off putting and I always have a bad feeling when working on this stuff.

Well, I would say that I hated this job but, that would be a lie, this work is fascinating. I really believe that we are exploring some revolutionary science. It truly is incredible. But, in reality, that's not the most important part to me, [Y/N] is. There is no question about it. Something about this kid, I can't help but empathise with him, he just seems so... So lonely. I would imagine that any kid going through a crisis like we are right now wouldn't know or understand how to deal with it.

We had a conversation recently where he asked me whether Omnics were evil or not. I didn't really know what to say, I was completely taken aback. I suppose to a child, the idea of 'good' and 'evil' is the easiest way to rationalise why bad things happen in the world. I tried to give a half decent answer but it's hard to convey nuanced subjects to children. These kids just shouldn't have anything to do with this in the first place, it's madness!

Either way, I can only rant in these confidential entries, if the higher ups caught that I was saying this sort of criticism, well, I wouldn't like to know what would happen. Some strange things regarding criticism have actually been happening. One of the lead scientists, Dr. Catherine Winston, was originally very supportive of the experiment however she was in the dark about the inclusion of child subjects. She threatened to break the NDA and reveal it to the press, let's just say that we haven't heard from Catherine in a while, and when my co-workers attempted to contact her, they haven't gotten a response. Shady things are going on here. I will just try and keep my head down, look out for myself. Myself and [Y/N]. [Y/N] is the only important thing here.

CODENAME: THE DOOMSDAY

EXPERIMENT #17

DATE: 20/11/2045

LEAD-SCIENTIST: ████████

SITE LOCATION: ███████ ██

Dr. Paul [L/N]

ENTRY 46: Well, this was the day, the day we would commence the human trials and introduce the serum upon the children. It's so morally wrong I don't even know where to start. I've been thinking as well about the idea that these children, they have no families, no one to latch onto, and that's what the government and these corrupt scientists are hoping for. That they will take the position of the parental role in the children's mind's and so they can turn them into malleable soldiers with no free will. I don't know, maybe I am overthinking things, but this is the only conclusion that I can come to, which makes this whole affair seem far more nefarious.

The day started with a registration of all the test subjects, which went on for over thirty minutes, showing the sheer scale and amount of children and young people who were being used. I stood at the front of the group, trying to scan the crowd of faces to find [Y/N]. At this time, from my understanding he was only around eight or nine years old, however we aren't entirely sure. Regardless, at his age he wasn't the tallest, blocked by some of the taller teens at the front. I reasoned he must be alright but kept my eyes on the crowd.