Chapter 78: Battle for Junkertown Part. 4

(AN: I was very worried that there would be a part five, but I'm not that deranged. I'm really happy with how this whole little arc has gone, and I hope you all enjoy it as much as I did writing it. On a side note, I'm not sure if anyone remembers but ages ago I made a chapter celebrating getting six-thousand nine hundred read throughs on this story, what appeared to be a massive milestone at that point seems to pale in comparison considering we now have ten times that number. Either way, I've wanted to make a content chapter for a little while now, separating each of the individual chapters into specific arcs, and thought it might be best to repurpose that chapter into a chapter... about chapters... I made this little diagram to show the different story arcs, props to anyone who knows what the design is based off of. It's a little corny, but I think it's cool so who cares. I intend to update it every few arcs, so if you're interested in seeing it grow over time, be sure to check in with the first chapter of this story every now and then.)

====================

[A week earlier...]

The large meeting room was soon emptied of all its inhabitants, filing out in a messy order, the Junkers leaving behind the Yowie and his two disciples, waiting for their privacy. Rose poked her head around one last time, questioning the situation mentally, but thought it best not to raise the issue, leaving with the others. After a few moments, ensuring the preverbial coast was clear, Lobo, chuffing a meaty cigar in the corner of his mouth, crashed down into a rickety chair, arms crossed over his broad chest, "Is it as bad as you think it is boss? I've been training those guys as best as I know how, but it'll be a while before there a proper fighters..." Bizarro stood nearby, awaiting the command from his brother, anxious to know his next mission.

[Y/N] leaned over the large table in the centre of the room, scratching the bottom of his chin in contemplation, "It would be bad if I didn't have a contingency plan in place..." caressing his hand loosely across the old paper map that sat before him, scanning the geography. Turning his head abruptly, he shot them a stern expression, "I need you two to go on a little expedition for me." Bizarro poked his head up in confusion, "Expedition?" [Y/N] nodded, "Like a treasure hunt, of sorts." gesturing over towards the map. "The Mongul will invade soon, that much is evident. However, we can assume they are not ready yet, or else the city would have fallen by this point, they are biding their time for now..."

"So what are we supposed to do?" Lobo enquired, his eyes squinting, leaning back in his chair. "I need you both to find out what happened to Mako, and, if he's still alive, get him to march down here with every man he can muster..." Bizarro tilted his head, "We no hear from them, how we know where look?" [Y/N] placed a firm hand upon his brother's shoulder, "I'm sure you'll work it out big guy, but this is an important task, you sure you're up for it?" Upon hearing of the mission's significance, Bizarro's mood shifted drastically, believing that if he were to complete said mission, his brother would praise him endlessly for it. He nodded his head frantically, "Bizarro go get biker man!"