Chapter 27: Coming to an Understanding

[Y/N] opened his eyes, and finally started to perceive the world around him, yet it had once again returned to the vast and void-like world of the abyss, he had returned to the darkness, of which he spent the last few years of his life.

He wasn't sure whether or not this barren and isolated plain was either a calming or horrifying experience, but it most certainly felt more familiar then the real world around him, and thus [Y/N] took this time to think about the last few hours.

While this mental realm didn't seem to follow the laws set of physics set in the real world, [Y/N] appeared in his base human form, a small and insignificant figure within the all enveloping void. Taking a few steps in this world, a sense of security under his feet, [Y/N] found it easier to walk and think, even if this wasn't necessarily real, and the lack of distractions helped him focus.

How had he lost to that armoured giant, as well as the small team who had attempted and seemingly succeeded in attempting to capture him? When in previous combat situations, while nowhere as strong as his previous combatant, he was normally able to take out large groups of enemies with little effort, furthermore, he had defeated Slade, someone that he considered to be incredibly strong and a strategic master in combat.

Perhaps over-using the Doomsday form for so long had had some regressive effects and weakened him during the battle, or the long exposure of kryptonite might have had a residual effect that had left [Y/N] weaker than before, it could be both or it could be neither. Though [Y/N] was certain that he was facing a much greater opponent then he would usually, so maybe going into the battle [Y/N] underestimated his foe.

[Y/N] remained in this inky realm for hours upon hours, maybe days, he wasn't necessarily sure, but it gave ample opportunity to think and plan ahead. Most importantly, what he was going to do once he awoke once again.

He made an educated guess that whoever, presumably Overwatch, had taken him, they would have locked him somewhere deep and dark, to make sure no chance of escape would occur. That was the mistake the previous facility had made, and they paid for their mistake dearly.

So what would his approach be, bold and brash? Immediately strike out while they are unsuspecting, flatten anyone in his way, and live to see another day? Or perhaps wait a while, there is no feasible way that they could actually harm [Y/N], so waiting a while didn't necessarily seem to be the worst option.

However, when had [Y/N] ever acted out a stealthy operation? Never! He was made for smashing and crashing and that's what he was good at, so he prepared for the perfect opportunity to spring into action, and make his daring escape.

--------------------

Angela had a somewhat stressful morning, as all her mornings seemed to be nowadays, cursing the fact that she had ever volunteered to oversee this 'monster' that they had stumbled upon, the young medic was only supposed to be interning for a small period of time, not entangled with one of the most dangerous enemies that Overwatch had come across since the Omnic Crisis.

But she would be lying if she disavowed the whole situation, hell, she really did enjoy it all. She was passionate about helping people, always had been, and something about this 'monster' who they had contained seemed strange, almost human. At least that's what Ziegler wanted to believe anyway.

It had now been a few days since they had brought the 'monster' into the Antarctic facility, and Angela was starting to settle in by this point, the cold weather being somewhat reminiscent of holidays spent in the mountains... with her parents.

Ziegler hadn't thought about her parents for a while, well, attempted to not think about them. They were a constant in the young woman's mind, and what they would have thought of her. Would they be proud of her? Would they encourage the path that the young medic had taken? While she would never truly get an answer, she liked to believe that they were proud of her.