Chapter 101: Biohazard Part. 5

(AN: Listen, my loyal readers. Don't crucify me yet, hear me out, please? Let me cook. This ones over 7k words to make up for it... Probably should have said this at chapter 100, any questions as always I'm always open to answering, and I love hearing opinions, good or bad. So feel free to write any thoughts in the comments, I'll try and answer pretty quickly. Also, pre-warning for next week. I've already written 10k+ words for Chapter 102, and I'm not finished yet! I imagine it will be around 12k words when I'm done. So be prepared, its going to be a long one...)

====================

Wichita stood a city under imminent destruction, a radioactive fallout infecting its very foundations every single second. The ground shook like an earthquake, and a monstrous, guttural roar consumed all noise, a rageful cry of bloodlust and murderous intent. In Chemo's wake, its massive footsteps etched themselves into the city's history. No resident of Kansas, never mind the entire nation, would be able to forget this catastrophe quickly. No official numbers had been taken, and the evacuation effort had been carried out to the best of Overwatch's ability given the time. However, what was once the largest city in the state, housing nearly one million Americans, now resembled a bombed-out, militarised hellscape. The sun itself no longer wished to watch any longer, slowly disappearing beyond the horizon. The sheer scale of the damage couldn't yet be understood, but calculations already predicted a tragedy that would last for many generations.

News helicopters buzzed high like insects, the first to get onto the scene, most native to Wichita themselves. It was the one thing they could take away with them from their destroyed city, to be the ones to get the big scoop. And broadcasting this threat to the entire country was their responsibility as journalists. "-As you can see, the mutate known as Chemo has continued his attack through the city. Overwatch has refused to comment any further on the issue, but the known fugitive, The Doomsday, has resurfaced. Surprisingly, he appears to be fighting against the two new threats. However, we cannot make any assumptions as to his motivations at this time. The evacuation has nearly finished, but a few hundred still remain left behind. We'll be sure to keep you all up to date on how these events unfold..."

The chemical giant didn't seem to like the infuriating bugs flying high above it in the distance. Like an angry toddler, its mouth formed a frown, evidently drooping, and its eyes grew more enraged than ever. Chemo stopped in its tracks, letting out a final screech of defiance, before raising its arm high towards the helicopters. Without hesitation, the arm began swirling and twisting, taking on an even more gooey, vicious quality. The reporters hadn't any time to react, an enormous neon wave of energy launched towards them. It tore through the air, unfurling against the air, until it made contact, latching against the crafts. The blades immediately snapped shut, unable to move. Smoke drifted from the mechanism, while the metal sizzled violently underneath the bioweapon, melting apart.

They quickly lost control of their vehicles, plummeting to the ground at a rapid pace. Its inhabitants screamed and cried out for help, begging for mercy, begging for anyone to intervene. However, even in their last moments, they knew just as well as anyone how dead they truly were. Who could even save them now? Falling hundreds of feet down to the ground, tumbling in freefall within the burning skeletal carapace that was once a helicopter. And yet, as they would have made contact with the ground, crushed and diced into hundreds of little meaty chunks, they couldn't help but feel the craft slowing down.

There was a noticeable jolt as the momentum completely subsided, remaining still within the air. One of the pilots raced back to check on their passengers, "IS EVERYONE OKAY?!" One of the reporters, with tears staining their impromptu makeup, sat upon her knees, not even sure if they were alive or not. "W-What happened? A-Are... Are we d-dead?" She asked cautiously, blood rushing to her head. "WE DON'T KNOW! WE'VE JUST STOPPED!" A moment later, the helicopter's remains clattered against the ground gracefully. Each person stumbled out, one immediately throwing up. Yet, what had happened to them, they had no clue.