Five

"I'm home!" I yell, walking into the house. "Welcome back kid." Dabi says from the couch. "Where is everyone else?" I ask, taking a seat near him.

"Beats me." he responds before asking "Why didn't you answer my text?"

"Because I was in class, idiot." I pull out my homework along with my notebooks associated with them.

"You could've texted me after words." Dabi eye rolls before asking "So which high school accepted you?"

"Your mom." I answer without a second thought, starting in on reading the book for Modern Lit, at least the first two chapters before I work on the packet.

"Bull shit!" he says "You've never met her."

"Ya sure?" I glance over my book at him.

"Really? Do tell me where she is."

"Not here. Now let me do my homework before I call your dad."

"Why the hell are you bringing my parents into this?"

"Because, now shut up." I swear it's like we're siblings... "Hmph" he turns on the TV as the door opens, "Take any bodies back where you got them." I say without looking up.

"Don't worry, we didn't commit any crimes today." Compress says "Also don't trouble yourself with making dinner tonight."

Strange request "Alright." I reply going back to my reading with a Sitcom playing on the TV. But Compress and Magne do know how to cook, as long as it isn't Dabi we'll be fine.

"So what ya reading?" Toga asks, sitting right next to me, looking at the page I am currently on. "The book I have to read for Modern Lit." I answer, showing her the cover before going back to my reading. I got some stuff from math to do too, along with some other assignments but those can wait until after dinner.

"Ew. That whole thing before tomorrow? That sucks." Toga remarks.

"Just the first two chapters." I tell her "I'm just glad I'm not reading anything in English yet." I'm a bit rusty on that, I just hope I don't make a complete fool of myself.

"Well, I'm going to go sharpen my knives." she says before getting up and leaving me to my book.

20 minutes later

"Dinner is ready! No it's not." Twice calls just as I put away my math stuff. "Thanks Twice." I get up, stretch a little before heading into the kitchen.

On the table there is Sashimi, Kuzumochi and Cold Soba. "Surprise!" Magne says. "What the hell is all this for?" I ask, kinda confused.

"It's for you silly!" Toga puts her arms over my shoulders from behind "Since you are in high school we wanted to celebrate it! We got your favorite foods and Cold Soba for Dabi since he doesn't like fish."

I am kinda speechless as I give a smile "Thank you guys," I feel my eyes water up a bit "I don't know what else to say."

"Why don't you go and eat then so the food doesn't get wasted." Dabi says as he walks in behind me, heading straight to the Soba.

"We also got ice cream and Mochi for dessert!" Toga adds to her previous list.

People put villains as scums not deserving a second chance at life or even a chance to see the light of day. But it's times like this that I forget that everyone here have committed a range of crimes including murder, it feels like my life is a normal one, that I am with friends and family.

"You alright Ty?" Magne asks as everyone gets their share. "Yeah," I tell her, "it's just nice to forget that the rest of the world hates us and to actually feel like a normal kid."

"You deserve it. We all deserve it."