Six

"Well since you already completed this week's assignments," Inva says "I'm going to send you with Thirteen to help 1-A with their rescue training. If you want."

"Are you sure?" I ask, she had pulled me aside when I walked into class.

"Yes, it won't be until after lunch and I already got the approvals needed." my teacher tells me "I can safely assume you want to be a hero. Take this opportunity to learn a little without the pressure that comes with being in the Hero Course." they give a bit of a smirk "Besides, I don't think Present Mic wants to be out done in his class today."

It's not my fault Compress is pretty much fluent in English. "Alright." I say, I just have to attend my morning classes and lunch then I'm excused for the rest of the day. Alright by me, as long as I don't get behind in any of my classes. Nor can I get majorly hurt, it'd be hard to explain my injuries.

"What did the teacher want with ya?" Shinso asks me at lunch, once again sitting at the same table. "Nothing much really." I shrug, drinking my coffee since I didn't get any this morning, I woke up late and I didn't bring any Red Bull.

"That's not telling me shit." he says. Only for an alarm to go off, "What the actual fuck?!" I yell, pulling my earplugs from my shirt and putting them in. "Someone got past the barriers!" a third year, I assume, says.

"Come on Azula." Shinso says, standing up but I stay seated and continue eating my lunch.

"Fuck no, I didn't get any coffee this morning and I am not going to let some fucker interrupt my Soba." I tell him "I'll kick their ass too if they come in here too." After all, I've trained with just about everyone in the VAS.

Shinso gives a sigh before sitting back down. "Might as well keep you some company then." he says "But if we die, I'm blaming you."

"Fair enough." I shrug. I'm surprised that I haven't seen that redhead so far today. Kinda grateful about that though.

The alarms are turned off followed by an announcement to return to our homeroom class. "Did you two really just sit there when the alarm went off?" one of our classmates asks, I honestly don't remember her name.

"No, Azula sat there," Shinso says "I kept her company." Then someone in a spacesuit comes over. "Azula, you can come with me." I can assume this is Thirteen, don't grump at me I don't pay much attention to heroes. Just the higher ranked ones or ones that the VAS ran into.

"Hey Shinso, can you hand in my papers?" I ask "I left them on my desk."

"Sure." he answers.

"Grab your bag. I'm not sure how long this will take." the hero says. I do as I am told, "Later everyone." I wave, leaving the classroom.

"Do you have any regular clothes with you?" Thirteen asks "Just so that your uniform doesn't get damaged."

"I do." just a T-shirt and some jeans. "Great, you can change when we get there. It will be a little while before Class A will be there."

I give a nod, following her out into the parking lot. "We'll be taking my car so that it'll be a bit quicker." the hero says.

"Okay."