Thirty-Four

Exam day arrives, unlike my sleep these past few days. "Jesus fucking Christ." I exclaim to Shinso "I am very impressed I haven't had a heart attack yet."

"Should I even ask how many Red Bulls you drank today alone?" he asks with a bit of a sigh.

"Only if it's included in my eulogy." I shrug.

"They'd probably put it on your death certificate." he gives a bit of a smile before placing a kiss on my cheek as we walk hand in hand on our way to a café for a date, already changed out of our uniforms in an alley. Ice can prove a great amount of privacy, come to find out.

Though I probably shouldn't get coffee.

"So, any plans during break?" Shinso asks.

I give a sigh "Not anything I want to do." The majority of the VAS is working with my buddy ol' pal Crusty Dusty. The minority being me, who don't want Shiggy nor Kuroguri to make the fucking connection, and technically Dabi. On paper he is, but it's just spying the best he can.

"What 'bout you?" I ask him, preventing further questions about my summer plans.

"Mostly sleep is on the calendar. The housemates are probably going to do a cruise or some shit that I don't want to go on so I'll probably have the house to myself." he remarks casually.

"Sounds fun."

We get to the train station, him taking the lead since he knows where we're going. Of course there are some minor stares with the two of us holding hands in public, but hey, I rather it be this than my scars and shit.

"So, where are we going exactly?" I ask on the train.

"It's telling me Fuji no Miya area." he replies after scrolling on his phone for a second.

Is that so?

An arm goes over my shoulder out of nowhere, " 'Ey sweethart, why don'cha ya that guy for someone that looks a lot better. Eh?" ew, booze this early?

"Why dontcha get your arm off before you lose." I counter without looking at him "Bit of a better don't ya think?"

And I didn't need to look at him to convince him to leave. "Have I ever told you that you look hot when you threaten people?" Shinso asks before placing a kiss on my cheek.

"You think so?"

But before I can get a reply, an older lady walks over "How are you two so inconsiderate?! Honestly!" she scolds "Holding hands and kissing in public!"

Of course there's a Karen. "We're not hurting anyone, so can you leave us alone?" Shinso states.

"Besides, we could be doing a lot worse." I mumble.

"Honestly, no respect! What would your parents think?" she grumbles as we reach the next station that she, thankfully, got off at.

"Jesus Christ." Shinso huffs.

"You said it."

"Don't mind people like her." a middle aged woman says in front of us "She's too old to remember what it's like to be young and in love."

I feel my face go red. "Thank you." Shinso says as we approach the next stop before gently tugging my hand "Come on, this is our stop."

"This isn't Fuji no Miya." I state after we leave the station, looking around to get my bearings.

"I know, there were four more stops. But I couldn't look at that lady, and I think your right side started to go off a bit."

"Shit, my beanie isn't burnt, is it?" I fucking hope I didn't.

"It's fine, just started smoking a bit."

Fuck "Sorry."

"You're fine. You didn't do it on purpose." he gives me a kiss on the temple "We can take a bus the rest of the way."

— —

The café date was great, cute and quiet. We could chat among ourselves without worrying about the bell or anything. We were walking to the bus stop when we passed a restaurant that caused me to slow down a bit, and in turn Shinso stopped and looked "Wanna eat before we go?" he asks "I mean it'll be late either way."

"If you want." I should probably see them.

"Come on." he gives a half smile as we walk towards Azi's

"Take a seat anywhere, I'll be right with you!" an old but familiar voice calls from the kitchen. I give a small smile before leading Shinso to the table in the back right corner.

"What are you doing; this spot is reserved." Shinso whispers.

"Relax Shinso." I whisper back, sitting down before taking off my hat and ruffling my hair a little.

"I was wondering when you were going to pay me a visit." a woman with long graying hair tied up in a bun remarks with a pair of menus under her arm."

"Hi Yuki." I smile.