Morals and Values

It's a weird thing to live today
Knowing you can see a person's values based on what they choose to wear on their face
Knowing that deep down, even if we're asked to respect other people's decisions, it's often for the worse that we do .

There is no satisfaction in compromise, rather a frustration, knowing that a mask is no more than a means to an end, a fleeting safety net that is bound to break eventually, left unchecked.

But to berate and shame those that don't, what good does it do? To all those too scared to venture outside, should they fall ill at things you and I feel no different from.

Those set of values are now visible across your face everyday that you decide to walk around, you announce proudly, one way or the other what you stand for, and what you advocate equally so.

And I won't be the first to admit that wearing masks all day is about as fun as watching paint dry, but I do it for those too vulnerable to go outside safely, for those who wished that the general populace cared more.

Now I see that it was never about freedom, or choice. Instead, it's what you value, and where you stand.

It's for that reason, I am left saddened that we as humans still have so much to learn.