SIX. the talk

We were sitting at the beach for so long that it was dark

We were sitting at the beach for so long that it was dark. We needed to learn how to start the much-needed conversation about everything. So instead of talking, we sat together, secretly enjoying each other's company despite their disagreement earlier. Finally, I realized I had had enough of the silence.

"Look, if we're gonna try this relationship out, then you must accept that the Cullens are my family. I know your kind doesn't like them from past history, but they have helped my family." I explained, finally turning to him. "If they weren't in my life, then Auggie and I would have never met you guys. They've helped us escape from hunters countless times."

Paul looks at me with unsure eyes, "Really? They have?"

"Yeah, they have."

He looked back towards the ocean; I'm guessing to think about what I said. As he believes, I continue to look at him, taking in his features and trying to read his emotions. From his demeanor now, I could tell he didn't like to show his feelings, and I was curious as to why.

"You really care about them?" He looked at me again and asked.

I nodded, "Yeah, I do."

"And they care about you and Auggie?"

"Of course, they do. You saw how Rosalie reacted when Auggie wanted to come here with you guys. If they didn't care, they would've reacted like that."

Paul sighed, looking back to the ocean once again. He nodded his head, finally understanding where I was coming from about my family.

"Okay."

"Okay?" I question.

"They're your family, and I understand now that I can't keep you from them. I would hate it if someone tried to keep me from the pack. I would be upset and mad as well. So, I'm okay with you and Auggie going to see them whenever you want."

I feel my smile grow wider and wider as he says every word.

"Thank you. I appreciate that." I say, bumping my shoulder against his in a playful way.

"You're welcome."

"I know it's taking a lot in you to admit you were wrong, but I don't expect you or any of the pack to try and get to know the Cullens or be friends with them. All I ask is to be civil with them for my and Auggie's sake. That's it."

Paul looked at me, rolling his eyes but nodded in agreement. He playful bumped his shoulder against mine in retaliation, and we both chuckled.

"I'm sorry, by the way."

"Sorry about what?" Paul asked, confused.

"About saying how I would reject the bond. I was angry at you but still shouldn't have said it."

Paul shook his head, "No, it's okay. As you said earlier, you'd do anything for your family."

"Yeah, but technically you're my family too now, so it was wrong of me to say."

We looked at each other in the eyes, both of us trying to convey how we felt. Looking into his eyes, I felt safe and like I was home. Then I saw his eyes dart to my lips and slowly move closer. I could smell the lust coming from him as he inched closer and closer to me. Without realizing I was moving closer to him when suddenly our lips finally connected. Everything felt right. His lips on mine felt so soft.

I wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him closer as his hand held my waist. I didn't want to stop or let go, but we did, gasping for air. We both breathed heavily from the kiss and had our foreheads together, not wanting to pull away further. Smiling and laughing, Paul pulled me in for another kiss, but before our lips could connect, I stopped him.

"Nope. No more."

"Oh, come on." Paul complained, separating our heads, and looked at me with pleading eyes.

"No. I want to take things slow, okay? I've never been in a relationship before because of constant moving around, and I want to do this right."

"Alright. We'll take it slow. We can get to know each other as I take you on some dates. Then when you're ready, we can make it official. Okay?"

I smiled at him, "Yeah, that sounds perfect. Thank you."

"Anything for you."

I pulled him into a hug and pulled away; we stayed in each other's arms for a bit longer, just staring at the sea. As the waves crashed into the shore and the breeze picked up, not bothered by the cold, of course.

I hadn't noticed that I had fallen asleep, but I felt Paul pick me up in his arms and start walking. It wasn't until he put me down that I woke and saw I was back in Sam and Emily's house in the spare room they had next to Auggie. I felt him kiss my forehead, pull the blanket over me, and leave the room. I smiled at the thought of him being so kind and fell asleep again with only him on my mind.

A/N:
this chapter is really wholesome in the relationship between Paul and Esmeralda.
they're both gonna learn how to live with each other and be respectful for their relationship outside of one another.
i hope you guys enjoy the chapter i know it's a short one.
bye!!!!!!