THREE. edward and bella's wedding {part 2}

As the wedding went on, now was time for the toasts

As the wedding went on, now was time for the toasts. And too much disappointment on my part; Emmett was up first.

"Excuse me. Is this on? Hello? Umm, I'd like to propose a toast." Emmett started and raised his glass, with everyone following along. "To my new sister. Bella, I hope you've gotten enough sleep these last 18 years. 'Cause, you won't be getting any more for a while."

Everyone looked at Emmett awkwardly, thinking he was telling a terrible sex joke, but everyone that wasn't a human knew it was a vampire joke. As soon as he finished, I put my drink down, shaking my head at Emmett's stupidity.

"How did he manage to make a vampire joke seem like a sex joke?" Auggie whispered to me.

I shrugged, "I have no clue. But I do know that he shouldn't have gone first."

Auggie nods his head in agreement, and we turn back and see one of Bella's human friends now giving a toast.

"Well, Bella was just like everybody else, totally mesmerized by Edward. Or 'The Hair,' as I call him. And then, suddenly, Edward is all about Bella. Even though she's not the captain of the volleyball team." She laughs and then continues. "I'm just kidding. I'm just kidding. Or the president of the student council."

I let out a sigh seeing just the kind of friend she was to Bella. I could also smell the jealousy oozing from her as she looked at the newlyweds giving her toast. Next was Charlie, who I hoped would be better.

Charlie stands up with a glass in hand, "Edward will be a good husband. I know this because I'm a cop. I know things. Like how to hunt somebody to the ends of the earth. And I know how to use a gun."

Every human chuckled at Charlie's threat to Edward, but everyone else knew that wouldn't happen. But at least Charlie's toast was expected more than the others. And I, along with everyone, laughed at Charlie's threat.

"Now that you're my sister, you'll have to overcome your aversion to fashion." Alice began for her toast. "Skirts, heels, handbags."

I giggled at Alice's toast as I knew Bella would never agree to anything about fashion. The toasts continued with Bella's mother, Renee singing a beautiful song to her daughter. Then, of course, Esme ended the guest toast, which was better than everyone else's.

"I'd like to thank Renee and Charlie for bringing such a wonderful person into the world and into our lives. We will cherish and protect her forever." The humans didn't know the real meaning behind Esme's words being valid when Bella becomes a vampire.

Then Edward stands to close out the toasts, "It's an extraordinary thing to meet someone who you can bare your soul to. And who will accept you for what you are. I've been waiting, what seems like a very long time, to get beyond what I am. And with Bella, I feel like I can finally begin. So I'd like to propose a toast to my beautiful bride. No measure of time with you will be long enough. But let's start with forever."

Everyone cheers and raises their glass, clapping at Edward's words. I smiled at him thinking how far he's come and how he deserved to be happy. Edward heard my thoughts as he looked at me, smiling and mouthing thank you. I gave him a bigger smile and nodded my head, and he turned back to Bella.

The reception went on, and everyone was hanging out chatting. I even saw Bella and Jacob dance. I didn't even think he would come, but he must have changed his mind in the end. I was sitting at our table when Auggie suddenly stood up.

"Alright big sis. I owe you a dance." He says, holding his hand out.

The table looked at Auggie with a smile seeing how sweet he was being.

I chuckled at him, "You don't have to do that, papito. I'm sure it's embarrassing to dance with your older sister."

"What do I have to be embarrassed about, Mera? Your, my sister, and I love you."

I heard Sue awe at Auggie.

"Are you sure, papito?" I ask, taking his hand but not standing yet.

He nods, "Yeah. Plus, Paul said if I didn't dance with you at least once, he would take away my video games."

I sighed, dropping my shoulders. "And there it is," Scarlett said and letting out a chuckle. The table laughed at Auggie's confession, and I shook my head.

"You're lucky I love you. And I admire the fact that you actually told me the truth. Come one." I say and drag him to the dance floor.

It was a slow song, and even though I'm sure Auggie was embarrassed to dance with me, I appreciated him asking me. Moments like this, when it was just Auggie and me, made me miss our life before. Miss our family and wish they were here to see us. See who we have become.

"Mera, do you think mom is watching over us?" Auggie asked, looking up at me.

I looked at him, "Yeah, I do, papito."

"Do you think she's proud of me, you know, with shifting?"

"Of course I do. I know she's looking down at us, smiling that we are safe and happy."

Auggie smiles, then lays his hand on my chest, and I hold him tighter.

I kiss the top of his head, "I love you, papito."

"I love you too, Mera."

We both stood there swaying to the slow song until we heard Jacob shouting. We turned and looked to see him, Bella, and Edward arguing in the corner, away from everyone's eyes. I see Scarlett head to them to make sure nothing ruins the reception, and Auggie and I head their way to help.

We get to them to hear Jacob yell at Edward, "Are you out of your mind? Huh? You'll kill her!"

"Jacob, you have no control over what Bella wants. She's an adult. Leave her alone." I say, standing between Jacob and Bella.

As Jacob was about to say something, I saw Sam and the others come over.

"Walk away, Jake. That's enough!" Sam says.

Jacob shakes his head, "Stay out of this, Sam. You too, Esmeralda."

"You're not gonna start something that we'll have to finish."

"She'll die."

Sam looks at Jacob, "She's not our concern anymore. Let's go, Seth!"

Sam and the others leave, with Jacob reluctantly following behind. Before Paul turned and joined them, he smiled at me and sent me a wink, then ran off.

"I'm really, really, really stupid." Bella says.

I shake my head, "No, your not, Bella. Jacob is just a moody teenager, angry that he can't get what he wants. You did nothing wrong."

Bella nods and hugs me as a thank you for reassuring her.

"Come on. People are probably missing us. Let's go back." Edward says, leading his wife back towards the reception.

A:N:
here is part two of Bella and Edwards wedding.
can we talk about how weird Emmett's toast was and how rude Jessica's was. like what the hell.
anyway i had to add a moment with Auggie and Esmeralda dancing. i thought it would be cute to have Auggie ask Esmeralda to dance with him even though Paul told him to ask her. i found it really adorable.
hope you enjoy.
bye!!!!!