NINE. the elders

It was later in the day, and me and Auggie are back with the pack at Sam and Emily's house, just hanging out, when three new people walked into the house

It was later in the day, and me and Auggie are back with the pack at Sam and Emily's house, just hanging out, when three new people walked into the house. Not knowing who they were, I pulled Auggie close to me, not easily trusting them.

"Relax, Moony. Nobody is gonna hurt you guys." Jared tells.

"Jared is right. No one is gonna hurt you. These are the elders." Sam treasures me, and I let Auggie go.

"This is Billy Black, Jacob's father. Old Quil, Quil's grandfather, and Sue Clearwater, Seth and Leah's mother."

After Sam introduces them, I look at each of them. First, I identify Billy seeing how similar he and Jacob look, and also see he is confined in a wheelchair. Then I turn to Old Quil, he is the oldest of the three. Then, Sue seeing that she is a beautiful woman with whom Leah shares her looks, and Seth shares her smile.

I smile at the elders and grab Auggie's hand as we both stand in front of them and bow our heads as a sign of respect for them.

"It is nice to meet you all." I say, standing straight again. "I'm Esmeralda, and this is my little brother Augustus."

"But you can call me Auggie."

Sue smiles at Auggie, "Well, it's nice to meet you both. Sam has told us about your situation. We are so sorry you had to go through all that alone."

"It was nothing we couldn't handle."

Billy moves closer to us, "We just want to ask you a few questions if that's alright with you?"

I nod at the man, "Of course."

We all moved back to the living room and sat down. The pack seemed just as interested as I was to see what the elders were about to ask me and Auggie.

"To start, are there other children of the moon families still alive?" Old Quil asks right off the bat.

"Yeah, there are, but not a lot within those families. Most of them are survivors, just like Auggie and I, who were the only ones to escape from hunters."