SEVENTEEN. distractions & baby names

We were back inside, and Carlisle threw another blood bag into the garbage

We were back inside, and Carlisle threw another blood bag into the garbage. The garbage was already full of empty blood bags that Bella had drunk. And it was the last one Carlisle had in stock.

"So that's the last of it?" Jacob asks.

"Bella could deliver as early as tomorrow. If she's going to have any chance at all, she'll need more blood." Carlisle says.

Esme walked up to Carlisle, "And you need to feed. You have to be at your strongest for her. We need to go tonight."

"Carlisle, you're the enemy now. Sam won't hesitate. You'll be slaughtered." Jacob warned the doctor.

"Emmett will come with us."

Jacob shook his head, "That won't be enough."

"Then I'll go." Scarlett said, standing up. "If I go with them, they'll hesitate to attack."

"Scarlett's right. She's an imprint. They won't attack her." I say.

Jacob still shook his head.

"We have no choice, Jacob. If there's anything we can do to save her, we have to try." Carlisle reassured the wolf.

"You'd risk your lives for her?"

"Of course, we would. Bella's a part of our family now." Esme answered sincerely.

Jacob nodded, "Yeah. I can see that. This really is a family. As strong as the one I was born into. I know what I have to do."

Jacob got the idea to meet with the pack as a distraction so Carlisle could hunt without being chased. I told him to take Timmy and Kimiko just in case they tried something. At least they would be there. They were imprints, after all, and the pack's number one rule was never to hurt an imprint.

I would have gone with Jacob to distract the pack, but I knew I could face Paul. I knew he would be there and I couldn't see him. If I did, I would no doubt jump into his arms just from hearing the sound of his voice. I missed him. He was my mate, after all. But I could go to him, not when he was threatening my family.

It had worked, and Jacob and them had come back. They had come back at a perfect time, too, because Bella was telling us her baby names. They were a little weird for my taste, but it was her baby in the end. I was sitting on a couch with Auggie and Milo next to me. Auggie had his head on my shoulder, and Milo had his head on my lap.

"Hey. Are you okay?" Bella asked Jacob when he walked in.

"Yeah, it's not like I'm the one carrying a demon."

I shake my head, "Jacob."

"This is pretty important, Bella. Why don't you tell Jacob what you've decided?" Rosalie says.

"What now?"

"Rose is trying to talk Bella out of her baby names." Edward says.

"She hates them."

"I'm right there with her." I said. "They're not the best, Bella."

Bella just shakes her head at me with a smile on her face.

"Well, then, I'm on your side no matter what you pick." Jacob tells her.

"You're gonna regret that statement, Jake." Auggie told the wolf.

"They're not bad." Bella starts, and I playfully roll my eyes as I play with Milo's hair. "If it's a boy EJ. Edward Jacob."

"Okay, fine, that one's not awful. Why don't you tell him the girl's name?" Rosalie said.

Bella smiled, "I was playing around with our moms' names. Renée and Esme. And I was thinking... Renesmee."

"Renesmee." Jacob repeated.

"Too weird?" Bella asked.

"Yes," I said from my seat. "It is."

"Um..." Jacob hesitated.

Edward cut in, "No, that's not too weird. It's beautiful. And it's unique, which certainly fits the situation. I like Renesmee."

"He likes it." Bella said.

After that, everything went to shit. Bella went to take a sip of blood from her cup when suddenly her back breaks, and she falls to the floor. She screamed in pain, and we all knew she was going into labor. Edward picked Bella out and brought her into Carlisle's office, and placed her on the bed.

"Auggie, Milo, head outside and stay with Scarlett." I turned to them.

"But what about Bella?" Auggie asked.

"We're gonna deal with it, but I need you both to go, okay? You won't be able to help."

I can see the worry and fear in their eyes. And I wanted to comfort them, but I couldn't. I had to help Bella in any way I could.

"Auggie Milo, go!" I said and pushed them out of the room.

I watched them as they ran out of the house. I turn back to Bella and see her writhing around in pain. I had to help her. She was my family, after all.

A/N:
This is a short chapter but it's kind of a filler.
but Esmeralda doesn't like Bella's baby names and rightfully so because what even is the name Renesmee.
anyway next chapters will be filled with excitement and drama. be prepared.
hope you enjoy.
bye!!!!