TEN. the battle

It was a few days later and the day of the battle against the newborn army

It was a few days later and the day of the battle against the newborn army. I had left Auggie with Emily knowing the woman would keep him safe and entertained while she fought. Now I'm with the Cullen's, and the pack is hiding in the woods waiting for the battle to start when we see the newborns running.

The newborn army blitzes out of the woods and into the field! You can see the frenzy in their eyes. Their rabid thirst as they follow the scent of Bella's blood. But the scent trail ends here. They're confused...Suddenly something bolts from the trees with lightning speed and tackles a newborn. The other newborns spin to find a lethal-looking Jasper in a crouch beside his victim's body. They rush Jasper but.....Bam! Bam! Bam! Three go down, tackled by Esme, Rosalie, Carlisle, Emmett, and Alice.

Out of nowhere, lunges Sam, flanked by two wolves. First, they tear a newborn to pieces. Then, four other wolves dive into the fray.

Emmett sprints full-bore into the fight, relishing the battle, while Rosalie fights with icy calm. Alice with precognition. Esme and Carlisle fight side by side. The newborns are brutal and intense as hell. The vampires and wolves are taking some vicious hits. I came out of the woods, shifted, and ripped into a newborn with my claws, killing it instantly.

Jacob, in wolf form, charges into the clearing, tackling a newborn, going for its neck before clamping down until the head is cut clean. Sam and Jacob charge a newborn – each wolf grabs an arm in the mouth and rips it. Three Newborns surround Paul; Emmett comes to his aid. They share a look, a battlefield rapprochement. Carlisle and Esme move in on Bree, but she backs up, frightened. Esme and Carlisle share a look. They relax their attack stance, try to calm her, talk to her...Alice darts from newborn to newborn, not even looking at them, knowing their next move. She sweeps their feet, keeping them off balance and confusing them. Jasper is a step behind her, trying to give her cover.

As a newborn appears behind Jasper and bites his shoulder. Alice spins and flings the newborn to Rosalie, Emmett, and Carlisle, who kill him.

Alice tends to Jasper. "I can handle myself." So she says to her mate.

The battle continues as I claw and rip into any newborn that comes my way. I also helped any of the Cullens and the pack if they became overwhelmed.

After fighting for a while, the Cullens and the pack were able to kill all of the newborns. A massive fire burns as the Cullens and the wolves hurriedly drag what's left of the newborns to it for them to burn.

Edward and Bella race out of the trees, bee-lining for the Cullens gathered near the fire.

"How long?" Edward asks the tiny vampire.

"A few minutes. Maybe ten."

"They timed their arrival well," Rosalie observed.

Emmett sighed, "Probably hoping the newborns took a few of us out."

I stand near the Cullen's as they talk when she hears Bella ask about Jacob. Jacob emerges from the woods in his wolf form, and Bella sighs with enormous relief. He sees her and starts toward her, but suddenly I hear a vicious snarl behind him in the woods.

Out of nowhere, a light grey wolf, who remember is Leah, is cornering one last male newborn hiding. Leah charges, but Edward calls out to her, "Leah, don't!"

The male newborn maneuvers out of her way, spinning and grabbing her ruff, fiercely yanking her off her paws, but Jacob leaps on the newborn, tackling him. They roll around where everyone can see them, where Jacob bites part of his face off. But the male newborn gets his arms around Jacob and crushes him. Jacob howls in agony.

I feel my anger rise, and I shift as I run toward Jacob and the newborn. I growl and tackle the newborn off of Jacob, sending him flying. But he stands quickly and starts to dart towards me to fight. He charges at me, and I block every one of his attacks; after he attempts to hit me, I get angrier and angrier until I feel my wolf take complete control over me.

Through my wolf's eyes, I see myself grab the newborn's arm and yank it off, throwing it away. Then, with my claws, I climb onto the newborn's shoulders and deliver a deadly blow to his throat. He falls to the ground along with me, but I catch myself.

I breathe heavily as I stare at the newborn and then look up at Cullen and the pack staring at me. My wolf wants to attack as it sees Bella. Knowing Edward heard my wolf's inner thoughts, he put himself in front of Bella to protect her in case I attacked, but I managed to calm it and felt myself gain control again. I see the pack surrounding Jacob in human form and join them.

"Jacob, you idiot. I had it."

"Leah." Sam scolded the girl.

Carlisle is sitting next to Jacob, trying to help him, "I need to set the bones before his accelerated healing kicks in. It's already starting."

"We need to get him out of here. We're not gonna win a fight with the Volturi." Edward warns the older vampire.

"We'll take him back to Billy's," Sam says.

"I'll be there as soon as I can. Esmeralda, try to help him as best, but don't hurt yourself, alright." Carlisle warns me. I nod, not knowing what else to say in this situation. Jacob cries out in pain as the pack lifts him.

I look back at the Cullens and give them a look to say good luck. They all nod and smile, and with that, I run into the woods to catch up to the pack.

A/N:
here it is. the action.
i did have some trouble finding places to add in Esmeralda but i think i did alright in adding her into the battle.
hope you enjoy.
bye!!!!