THIRTEEN. birthday {part 2}

We walked to the treaty line with Jasper and Alice to meet with Paul

We walked to the treaty line with Jasper and Alice to meet with Paul. As soon as we saw him standing there with Seth, Auggie ran to both of them to tell them about his presents. He also took a picture of both of them, asking them to pose.

Arriving at Sam and Emily's house, I see Emily in the kitchen working on food for the bone fire later.

"Hey, you need any help with anything?" I ask her after putting Auggie's presents down.

"If you don't mind, yeah."

I smile and pull my sleeves up and start helping her prepare the food. As Emily and I continued prepping food out the window in the kitchen, I could see the boys setting up outside. There were building the fire pit and making tables to put the food on. I could also see Sam at their grill, checking it out and ensuring it was good to go.

I smiled, thinking about how even though they had just met Auggie, they were making sure he had a good birthday. They knew how hard it was for Auggie and even me that this was the first of many birthdays we wouldn't spend with our family. The pack was doing everything they could to make us happy and not feel lonely.

"Esmeralda, could you bring these burgers to Sam so he could start grilling them." Emily said, holding a dish of uncooked burgers.

"Yeah, sure."

I grabbed the dish and headed outside to where Sam was at the grill. He turned, hearing me walk up. He smiled and grabbed the container from my hand.

"I wanna thank you, Sam." I said to the alpha.

He looked confused while turning the grill on, "What do you want to thank me for?"

"For all this," I say, gesturing to the bonfire preparations. "You guys are doing all this for Auggie's birthday when you didn't have to. The kid would have been happy with a slice of cake, let alone all this."

Sam smiled, "Esmeralda, you and Auggie have been through a lot. You guys deserve this."

I smiled at his response, not knowing what to say. I then walk back into the house to see if Emily needs more help.

🌕

It was time for the bonfire, and everyone had arrived. They were all outside wishing Auggie a happy birthday which he was eating up. Everyone was sitting on logs around the bonfire, chatting and telling stories.

"Auggie hated wearing diapers as a baby and would always take them off any chance he got. Even as a toddler and was out of diapers, he would also hate wearing pants." I tell the group as they laugh at Auggie's antics.

I see Auggie cringe from where he's sitting next to Seth across from me, "Also, any chance he got getting out of the bath, he would just bolt from our mom, not wanting to get dressed. So he would run around the house butt naked with all of us chasing after him to get him dressed."

"You guys are werewolves and couldn't catch a baby?" Said Jared while laughing.

"He was a fast baby." I answer with a shrug.

Everyone laughed at the story while Auggie just shook his head. Seth pats him on his shoulder, comforting him all the while laughing at his pain.

"Did you really have to tell them that, Mera?"

"Sorry, papito, but it's your birthday, and they wanted to hear stories about you. How could I not?"

All Auggie does is shake his head again, but I could see a slight smile. We continued telling stories about everyone and laughing with each other. It was finally time for presents, and I could tell Auggie was excited.

Sam and Emily got him a pair of new sneakers. Jacob and Billy got him a mini dirt bike, as Auggie loved Jacob's bike. I was scared he would hurt himself, but I knew Jacob would help him learn to ride it. The Clearwater's all got Auggie some comic books that he and Seth have talked about before.

Embry and Quil both got him a skateboard to start him off before he was able to ride his dirt bike. Jared and Paul each got him some video games since I told them Emmett got him a console to pay for when he was with them. Everyone else got him some more clothes that he needed.

Then it was my turn to give Auggie his present, but I gave it to him later when we were alone, and everyone had left already. I had no idea what to get Auggie for his birthday, and I spent a lot of time trying to brainstorm. It wasn't until I saw a story selling jewelry that I found the perfect gift.

It was a pendant of a green jewel with a silhouette of a wolf howling on it. When I saw the pendent, it reminded me of a similar necklace our mother had but only wore on special occasions. She would tell us how it was a family heirloom that she would someday pass on to us to keep.

When Auggie opened the gift, I could see the recognition on his face, "Mom's necklace?" He asked, looking at me.

"It's not Mom's, but I saw it and thought of it."

"It looks so much like hers."

"I know. That's why I got it for you. Even though it's not exactly hers, it's close that whenever you look at it, you can be reminded of mom."

Auggie smiled and hugged me, " I love it, Mera. Thank you."

"Your welcome, papito." We pulled apart and looked at the pendant remembering mom.

"Did you have a good birthday?" I asked him.

He smiled and looked at me, "The absolute best."

A/N:
part 2 of Auggie's birthday with a cute ending between Auggie and Esmeralda.
hope you enjoy.
bye!!!!