SEVEN. practice makes perfect

Currently, the next day and my pack and I were back at the Cullen's except for Scarlett

Currently, the next day and my pack and I were back at the Cullen's except for Scarlett. She was with the pack hanging out with Embry to go on a date and assuring the pack that we were okay. And we weren't turning into vampire food. I knew they were worried about us being surrounded by vampires, but they didn't interfere with us going to the Cullen's because they knew what was happening with the Volturi and understood why we came over so much now.

But I could tell Paul missed when we hung out at La Push because anytime we went home to sleep, he always pulled me closer to him in bed. He holds on to me as if he's afraid I'll disappear. It was honestly really adorable knowing he cared about me that much.

Everyone was trying to come up with a plan for what to say to the kings. But it was hard when they had a powerful guard with vampires with incredible gifts.

"Aro will want us incapacitated before he attacks. Jane and Alec will try and take me out first because I can anticipate their moves." Edward said.

Garrett looked at Bella, "Too bad we don't all have your shield."

"Doesn't help me fight, though." Bella said.

"No, but you could help the rest of us, if you could project it." Tanya suggested.

"What do you mean?" Bella asked with her brows furrowed.

"I mean, shield someone other than yourself." Tanya said.

Bella looked surprised, "Is that possible?"

"Gifts can be developed. Over time." Carlisle said.

"At first, mine was just in my palms. Now I can radiate it all over my body." Kate said, talking about her electrocution.

"How do you do it?" Bella asks, taking Kate's hand a little too hard. "Tell me."

"Ow." Kate said then Bella let her go.

We all go and stand in the woods to try and help Bella.

"You need to visualize it. See how it moves. What color it is. Now picture it expanding. Will it to go beyond you." Kate said.

Bella tries but only manages to bring up her shield for a moment.

"I think she needs something to motivate her." Kate says.

Edward steps forward.

Bella shakes her head, "No."

"It's all right. I can take it." Edward assured her.

Garrett laughs, "He says that now."

"Focus, Bella, or he's gonna be hurting." Emmett says, but I can tell he wants Edward to get electrocuted.

Edward puts his hand up, ready to touch Kate's hand.

"Edward, I'm not ready to do this yet." Bella argues.

But Kate touches Edward's hand, sending a painful electric shock through him. He kneels to the ground in pain as Bella gasps. And I see Emmett laughing as well as Auggie.

"I'm sorry. I said that I wasn't ready." Bella said.

"Dude, you're not motivating her." Emmett says, trying to hide his laughter.

Edward gives him a look, "You want to try?"

Emmett puts his hands up and backs off. But he continues to laugh with Auggie by his side. Bella tries again to use her power, and Kate touches Edward, sending another electric shock through his body, making Edward scream in pain.

"Kate!" Bella screams.

"You seem to lack incentive. Shall I go see if Renesmee's awake?" Kate threatens Bella.

"Are you crazy?" Bella says.

"Alright, Kate, maybe threatening her kid isn't gonna help her." I say, pushing myself off the tree I was leaning against.

"Do you have something better in mind?" She asks.

"Bella, you have to believe in yourself when using your gift. Right now, it controls you, but you have to get it so that you control it. It's your power will it to listen to you." I encourage her.

"You sound like you speak from experience." Garrett asks me.

"That's because I do. Being a child of the moon means the moon enslaves me. It controls me whenever there's a full moon. But over time, my kind figured out a way to learn control. We taught ourselves control, and now we aren't slaves to the moon. We have the power to shift whenever we want." I inform them.

Bella nods, "Control."

"That's right. You control your gift, not the other way around. Now try again." I say, pointing to Kate and Edward.

"All right. This one's on full power." Kate says, putting her hand towards Edward.

As Kate is about to touch Edward, Bella manages to bring up her shield. She protects Edward from Kate's power when she touches him.

"It's painful, but it's bearable." Edward says with a smile.

"See. I told you. You controlled it, and it listened to you." I said with a smile.

Bella smiles, proud of herself, "Okay, we should go again."

"Emmett?" Edward said, backing away from them.

"I'm good." Emmett says, putting his hands up.

A/N:
this a short chapter so sorry about that.
having Esmeralda in this scene was something i had planned and wanted her to talk with Bella about control. i don't know if that makes sense but if it doesn't just do with it.
hope you enjoy.
bye!!!!!!