SIX. kimiko

Third POVKimiko Kubo was born to Japanese parents who always taught her to be proud of who she was and what she was

Third POV
Kimiko Kubo was born to Japanese parents who always taught her to be proud of who she was and what she was. They told her when she was ten years old that their family came from a long line of kitsunes. And that she was a kitsune. A thunder kitsune at that.

Her parents taught her all about being a kitsune and how to control her fox spirits. Kimiko also learned how to use her firefox, and she even managed to earn her first two tails after unlocking her healing ability and strength. Although being told she was from a long line of kitsunes was shocking to Kimiko, as she learned more about it and her family, she came to love this part of her. She grew to appreciate her culture and her powers.

Kimiko's parents also gave her a sword to teach her how to fight. But it wasn't an ordinary sword. It was a sword she could wear as a belt and could whip out if she needed it. The belt was held together through mystical means.

In telling their daughter about being a kitsune, Kimiko's parents also tell her about hunters and how hunters would stop at nothing to kill them, seeing them as monsters. Ever since coming to America, Kimiko's parents have had to fight and run from hunters who found out about them wanting to keep their daughter safe.

They had thought to keep Kimikos from finding out, but they knew they couldn't keep her history from her. So they told her and taught her to control herself to continue living as an ordinary girl.

Kimiko was happy. To have such an incredible history with her family and to have her family with her knowing that her parents had to leave all they knew behind in Japan when they moved to America. But Kimiko's happiness would soon disappear when hunters find her and her family. And this time, they weren't going to let them get away.

Kimiko was heading home from hanging out with friends when she made it to her house. Staring at her house across the street, she felt something was wrong. She didn't know what, but she just crossed the road and headed into her home.

"Mom. Dad. I'm home." Kimiko shouted out to her parents.

They didn't say anything. So Kimiko walked further into her house, thinking her parents didn't hear her.