Chapter: 33

(Backstory: Toni has fought and won her case against Issac. She has since moved back to La, and is trying to start her life over again. Aaron is trying to cope with the lost of his best friend. He's been having dreams and night sweats, and it's triggering his PTSD.)

(Start scene: It's been 2 years since Aaron was shot and he buried his bestfriend. The twins was now 5 years old and in kindergarten. Joan has been doing the best she could, with taking care of him and the girls. Lately he has been waking up with cold sweats, and crying out. He was downstairs doing his physical therapy, because his trainer was out. As he was about to wrap it up, Joan and the girls walk through the door.)

Skylar: Daddy!

Aubree: My daddy!

Joan: Girls he's. Oth your father, you can share.

(Joan bends and lace a kiss on his lips.)

Aaron: Hey baby.

Joan: Hey how was your day?

Aaron: Good, better than yesterday.

Joan: That's good, I'm glad your getting better.

Skylar: Daddy, grandma made you food.

Aubree: Yeah, she said to help you.

Aaron: She did, well I will have to call and thank her.

Joan: For some reason she adores you.

Aaron: (looks at her) Hater!

Joan: (laughs) Whatever!

(She goes to put the food on the counter, as the girls go to their room to play. As she was about to go up to change she heard something fall and Aaron shouts. She goes to see that he had dropped his weight and is now upset.)

Aaron: Don't say anything.

Joan: I wasn't!

Aaron: I had it, and then it just fell.

Joan: Baby, you have to give it time.

Aaron: (shouts) I've given it time, it's been 2 damn years Joan.

Joan: (getting upset) Look I'm not the blame so don't you yell at me.

Aaron: (frustrated) I didn't....

(He looks at her and just turns to leave her standing there confused.)

Joan: So your walking away now.

Aaron: Yes, I am.

Joan: Aaron?

Aaron: Just leave it Joan.

(She sigh and try to figure out what could have went wrong in the last 10 minutes. She shakes her head, and goes back to the kitchen to prepare the food. After an hour they was all sitting at the table, and it was so quiet you could hear a pin drop.)

Aubree: Mommy!

Joan: Yes sweetie.

Aubree: Are you and daddy fighting?

(Joan looks at Aaron as he look at her.)

Joan: (looks at Bre) No, baby we were just talking.

Aubree: But you was yelling.

Joan: I know, it's just sometimes that's how parents talk to hear eachother.

Skylar: Like when Bre and me talk?

Joan: Yes!

Aaron: Look girls I'm sorry if we scared you.