6. A Monday Surprise

My alarm starts going off and I reach for my phone and quickly shut it off. Another Monday and another week of work. I get up and head to the shower to get ready for my day. I'll be meeting with the hire ups about a new project coming up. And I'll need to give them any idea I have for it and of corse working within their budget and then go from there. Theses days can be boring since it's filled with meeting and not actually working on the project yet. I blow dry my hair and put on some light makeup then put on a black button up shirt and black and white pencil skirt that goes below my knees and some black heals. I also put on some smaller glittery sliver hoop earrings and applied some nude lipstick. Once done I head down the stairs and see Ashley in the kitchen getting something to eat.

"Morning." She tells me.
"Morning Ash, ready for a new week at work."
"Fuck no."

I laugh and grab my togo coffee mug and get the coffee going. Then pull my phone to check the time I need to make sure I make the bus and also have enough time to get something to eat really quick before it's here. I place a bagel in the toaster and add my creamer to my coffee.

"Are you starting on a new project this week?"
"Yeah I'm getting all the info on what this one will be today. Going to be a boring day of meetings and assigning a budget and work plan."
"That will be better then listing to costumers complain most of the day about stupid shit." She say rolling her eyes
I grab my bagel and spread some cream cheese on it and take a bite.
"We need to get you out of there."
"Yes please and I'm so not looking forward to seeing Heather."
"I wouldn't either ."

I quickly eat and see I have about 10 minutes till I need to head out. I look for my purse and make sure I have everything I need and see Ashley scrolling on her phone when all of a sudden she chokes on her bread.

"Shit girl are you ok?" I ask rushing over to her.
She puts her plate down and shakes her head coughing.
"What was that for?"
"Um seams like we were spotted out this weekend."
"Oh no reality." I say putting a hand up to my head.
"Well mostly pictures of you with Joseph."
"Let me see." I say reaching my hand out to her. She hands it to me and I look down at her phone. There a see a few photos of Joseph and I. One ware we're laughing outside smoking at that club. Another ware his hand is on my back leading me back into the club. There there are pictures of all of us in the club so someone must have given the photos out. and one from brunch on Sunday ware his arm was around my chair and fingers were touching me then pictures of all of us at the table. Grate what are they going to say.

Rising star Joseph Quinn was spotted with a mystery woman this weekend on both Saturday and Sunday. Along with some of the cast from Stranger things. They were caught snuggling up a bit Sunday morning at a cute cafe in London. There are some reports saying people also saw them dancing together at the cub and they were getting quite cozy. Who is this mystery woman that was spotted out with Joseph and will we see them together again? We have yet to reach out to Joseph and his team.

"Oh boy I hope no one in the office reads this crap." I say handing her phone back.
"Ha I hope Heather sees it." Ashley said smiling.
I shake my head. "Yeah I'm sure she will."
"What do you think Joseph is going to say."
Well shit I didn't think of that. I know he's a private guy so I'm not sure how he's going to react to this.
"No clue, for now I'm going to ignore it and head to work. I'll see you tonight." I say grabbing my things.
"Don't forget it's your turn to cook dinner." She tells me.
"I remember I'm picking up some chicken to make chicken Parmesan ."
"Oh I love your chicken Parmesan."she says licking her lips.
"Have a good day." I say chuckling and going out the door.

I head down the street and make it just in time to hop on the bus.

——————
Just as I thought the morning was filled with meetings with a new client over seas needing help with marking for a new product. They told me everything I needed to know about it and what their looking for and the time frame and what their budget is. So now after lunch my afternoon will be filled with going over a plan on how to execute and keep us on time and on budget. I'm happy for a lunch brake though. I sit in our lunch room and grab the salad I order. There a few other women and men in here eating and chatting . As I eat my phone goes off and I take a look and see it's  Joseph. I smile and open up the message.