20. What Happened?

AMARA

I groan and lift my hands up to rub my eyes but I feel a sting in my left hand. I blink my eyes a few times and let them adjust to a dimly lit room. Not my room. I look down and see an IV in my hand. What the fuck? My eyes dart around the room and I now realize im in a hospital. How did I? When did I? What the fuck is going on. I start to panic not being able to remember why the hell im here or how I even got here, the last thing I remember was being at the bar. My heart starts to race inside my chest as the panic sets in and a machine starts to go off next to me. Fuck fuck fuck I think as I feel my chest start to tighten and my breathing gets shallow. All of a sudden a nurse runs in fallowed by Ashley and Jamie.

"What's going on?" I hear Jamie says
"Im not sure." The nurse says looking over at the machine.
"She's having a panic attack she gets them sometimes." Ashley says running to my other side and taking my hand in hers.
"Its ok sweetie your ok." The nurse says.
"Hey Amara." Ashley says to me .
I look over at here still struggling to breath.
"Its ok. Your in the hospital we brought you here last night. A guy drugged your drink but Jamie and Luke got to you. Nothing happend you just passed out. Your ok, everything will be ok but I need you to breath for me."
I shake my head as both the nurse and Ashley coach me in slow breathing. I close my eyes and take in a deep breath then let it out slowly. I know how to do this its just been so long since ive hand one. I do this over and over again and finally I start to even out and the machine stops. I open my eyes and see everyone looking at me.
"Thank you." I say to Ashley. She smiles and squeezes my hand.

"So you have had panic attacks before?" The nurse asks me.
"Yeah its just been a while since I had. one."
"Do you take anything for them?"
"I use to but not now."
"Alright well my name is Jane im going to get a doctor for you so they can explain everything going on ok."
I shake my head and she leaves the room.

"How are you feeling?" Jamie says coming up to my side.
"Well my head kinda hurts and last night is all fuzzy so very confused. And did you say I was drugged?" I say and look to Ashley.
"Yeah that one guys who was at the 2nt bar fallowed us the the next one and he mush have slipped it into your last drink."
"Luke and I saw him walking to the back with you so we fallowed and confronted him. He's been arrested but you will need to probably give some sort of statement we all did." Jamie says.
I slump back onto my pillow and close my eyes. Its just my luck this would happen. I open my eyes back up then look back to Jamie.
"Wait why did you stay?" I ask him
he smiles at me. "Your my best mats girl and I like you I wanted to make sure you were ok. I dont think I could have forgiven myself if I just went home."
"Thank you Jamie." I say with a smile.
"Speaking of Joseph hes going to want you to call him when you get the chance. I did call him last night to let him know what happened then texted any updates for him. He wanted to fly right out here and cancel his interview and photo shoots But I convinced him you wouldn't want him to do that and that you would be ok and Ashley and I were staying here with you."

I smile a little hearing how concerned Joseph was for me but Jamie is right he needs to keep his schedule but it does mean a lot to me that he wanted to make sure I was ok.

Just then there is a knock on the door and a woman with dark hair walks in and smiles at me.
"Good morning Miss Brooks im Dr. Hail how are you feeling today?"
"My head hurts but other then that im good."
"Thats good. So I assume you were told why you were here."
"Yes I was."
"Ok well what was used to drug you was the typical date rape drug so you should have no lasting affects from it we helped flush it from your system and all your vitals are looking good. Will just keep an eye on you for a few more hours and will send you home this afternoon. A few officers are here and would like for you to give a statement on anything you rember if thats ok."
"Yeah thats fine." I mean I might as well do this now anyway I think
"Ok ill send them in for you. And um if you two dont mind waiting out side the room." She says looking at Ashley and Jamie.
"Can they please stay id feel better if they did."
The doctor looks me over then nods her head and leaves the room. Both Ashley and Jamie take a seat on the couch while I talk to the 2 officers here . I tell them what I remember what the guy looked like and everything I could remember and what he said. They thanked me then left.