49. Thanksgiving in Chicago

It was a bit surreal when we got back to London. Bora Bora was amazing and me and Joseph finally said I love you to each other and Ashley was so happy I finally admitted it to him she told me she knew Joseph did because he told Logan and Logan told her so I punched her arm and we both laughed about it.The next 4 days are a bit busy besides the day we got back from vacation Joseph and I crashed hard at my place Ashley though it was funny. We then spent the next few days getting ready to head to Chicago. We had an early flight to catch Wednesday and I wasn't happy about another long flight but that's the way it is and I kinda did it to myself anyway. I feel like I'll need a whole week to get myself back to normal after this time off.

When I wake on Wednesday my bags are packed and Joseph stayed the night at mine and Ashley place and Joseph has a car pick up and brig us to the airport. Luckily boarding didn't take long at all and we were all situated and ready to go in no time.

"Are you excited to see your family Ashley?" Joseph asks her as we take our seats.
"You have no idea, two years of not seeing my mom and dad sucks."
"I can imagine." Joseph says getting settled in the middle of Ashley and myself. Ashley had wanted the window seat and I like the aisle seat so Joseph took the middle which he liked anyway.

"So Joseph you nervous about meeting Amara's parents?" Ashley asked in a teasing way.
Joseph rolls his eyes playfully. "Thanks for the reminder Ash." He says with a laugh which also made us laugh.
"Your such a little shit Ash." I say still laughing.
"Yeah yeah you know I am and you would do the same thing if Logan was here."
"Yeah you're right." I say with a smile.
We all end up laughing again.
"Well if things keep going well with Logan I'm sure you will get your chance." Joseph says with a cheeky grin.
"I can't wait." I say glancing at Ashley who I see rolls her eyes at me making us laugh once more.

The three of us just talk for a while till take off and continue our conversation for a while. A few hours into our flight were all doing something and just being quiet. The three of us were definitely a bit tired. Once we hit three hours in the flight I saw Ashley nodding off and her head soon wound up and Joseph's shoulder who was quite surprised and I had too stifle a laugh because I didn't want to wake her up.

"Yeah I should have warned you your going to be the pillow for both of us on this flight since you're in the middle." I say with a little smile.
Joseph shakes his head in amusement. "I should have seen that coming though I don't mind as long as you both are comfortable." He says smiling back and I couldn't help but feel my heart skip a beat which how genuinely sweet this man was to not be bothered that my friend fell asleep on his shoulder. I lean over a bit and give him a quick kiss on the lips. When I pull back he's still smiling. "What was that for?"
"For being you."
Joseph smiles again then gives me a kiss. "I love you."
"I love you too." I say then yawn.
"Is my sweetheart getting sleepy now?"
I smile and chuckle a little. "Yes she is. We still have around 6 hours to go and its still early morning."
"Well my other shoulder is here for you so go head and rest your head." He tells me then moved his arm around me and pulls me a little closer to him. I smile and lean my head on him then feel him give me a kiss on the top of my head. I yawn again and close my eyes and in no time at all I fall asleep.

—————————————-

CHICAGO

When I open my eyes next I feel Joseph's head resting on my own and smile knowing he fell asleep on me. I stay like this for just a bit till I decide to move a little and feel Joseph lift his head off mine. I move back looking up to him and can see he's still sleepy. My eyes move to the window now and I see Ashley still passed out on his shoulder and I smile again. Joseph looks over to her and I see him smile as well.

"Well shes very tired." He say then looks back over to me and we both chuckle. Before i can say something I see Ashley start to move. Her eyes open and she lifts her head up then looks up at Joseph and her face goes red when she realizes she fall asleep on him.
"Oh..i..um. Im..."
Joseph laughs and puts his arm around her giving her a quick hug. "It's alight I must have been comfortable you were out for while."
He smiles and her face is still red so Joseph pulls his arm off her and lets her sit up all the way.
"Don't worry Ash we both used him like a pillow." I tell her with a smirk. She rolls her eyes and just laughs at me.