12. Sweet Home Chicago

I probably didn't get to sleep till about 1 am so I only got around 5 ish hours of sleep. I take a quick shower and throw on some sweats and a tshirt and grab a hoodie incase I get cold on the plane. I get all my bags together and bring them down stairs placing them by the front door. I double check the tub schedule making sure I had the time right so I can get to the airport on time to check in and make my flight. Once im done with all of that I make some coffee and sit at the table with my phone waiting for Ashley to come down stairs. A little after 7 she makes her way down the stairs.

"You all set then?"
"Yes I am."
"And how did last night go with Joseph ?"
"Really good he actually brought us up and how he wants to continue to talk and see each other when we can. So technically we're dating but not like boyfriend Girlfriend just seeing each other."
"Aww I fucking new that was going to happen I'm so happy for you girl." She says coming over and giving me a hug. "You deserve to be happy."

"Thank you I am nervous about this since I'll be on social media more then I am now and I'm sure people will be bothering me asking even more questions. Hopefully I can deal with all of that."
"I think you can, but don't worry about that now but are you guys seeing each other In Chicago?"
"Yep I'm going with him to meet Metallica and we're staying to see them play that night and can come back anytime over the weekend if we want. I also texted him some fancy restaurant's because he said he wanted to take me out to a nice dinner Saturday night so I gave him some to chose from."
"Oh what ones?"
"Oriole, Boka and Maple and Ash." I say
"Oh yeah very upscale. Did you pack a dress?"
"Im going to go shopping on Friday probably in the morning since my brother will be working."
"Send me a photo when you pick the dress."
"You know I will. And I'm so sorry I'm going to miss your birthday this weekend. I wish you were coming back with me so we could celebrate there."
"It's ok, I'm going out with Jen and Luke and a few girls from work. We're just going to the bar so nothing special but I gotta eat something before I leave." Ashley's says then gets up and heads into the kitchen.

At 720 I say goodbye and give Ashley a hug promising to text her when my plane lands. I grab my bags and quickly head to the train.

Checking it didn't take to long and I had 45 minutes till my plane leaves and bordering should start in 20 minutes I hope. I put my air buds in and turn some music on till it's time to board.

Once on the plane I get a text message. Opening it up I see it's from Joseph.

Joseph 🎸- have a safe flight see you tomorrow.

Me- thank you. You too don't forget to text me when you land and I'll call you later.

Joseph 🎸- definitely won't forget 😉😊

I smile and set my phone to airplane mode then lean back into my seat and wait for the plane to take off. 9 hours till we make it to Chicago. I really hope I'll sleep most of the way.

———————

Chicago

My plane lands around 12:05 and it takes me around 45 minutes to get through customs and get my bags. Worst part of traveling to other countries, I hate going through customs. I make my way through the airport looking for my brother and there I see him with balloons and a sign. Of course he would. I hurry up and make my way to him dropping my bags and give him a big hug.

"It's so good to see you sis." He says squeezing me tight.
"Don't brake my ribs." I say laughing. He lets me go and apologizes. "It's good to see you too." I say.
"Here take the balloons I'll take your bags."

I let him take my bags and we head out to his car . He puts my bags in his car and once we're both in we drive off to his apartment.

——————