22. A Quiet Weekend With The Girls

When I wake up my room is filled with the bright light of the morning sun. I rub my eyes and yawn then turn to my phone on it's charger and see it say it's 9:37. Glad I got to sleep in a bit but I didn't sleep to well last night keep waking up on and off just feeling uneasy most likely the feelings from last weekend. Stupid ass hole. I heard from an officer me and a few other girls are pressing chargers against him thankfully. Prick needs to stay in jail maybe someone will give him a taste of his own medicine. I shake my head and push myself up then grab my phone and head into the bathroom taking a quick shower and changing into some clean cloths then head down stairs to the kitchen. I don't see Ashley down here so she could still be sleeping.

I turn the kurig on put the coffee in the k cup and put a mug underneath it then hit the button to start it. Once my coffee is ready I add my cream and go and sit In the living room. I bring the mug up to my nose and inhale the wonderful smell of fresh coffee and let out a sigh then take a small sip. I sit back into the couch grabbing the remote and turning the tv on. As im skimming the channels I see Ashley come down the stairs.

"Morning." I say with a smile.
"Morning. Have you been up long?"
"No I woke up up at like 9:30ish took a quick shower and made coffee."
"I so didn't mean to sleep in like I did." She says going to the kitchen.
"We all need to sometimes." I say then my phone goes off.

I look and see it's Jen texted in the group chat.

JenJen- hey girls got a late start today but I should be over around 11:30ish want me to grab some lunch?

Me- no worries here. Ashley just got down to the kitchen. And if you want to ware you going?

Ash🌸- hey I was tired

Me- I wasn't complaining

JenJen- McDonald's good?

Ash🌸- yes please

Me- that's good with me. You know what we want?

JenJen- you know it. I'll see you two around 11:30

Me- see you then

I put my phone down just as Ashley comes out of the kitchen.

"Guess we don't need breakfast." She laughs taking a seat next to me.
"Yeah she'll be here in a little over an hour. Coffee should hold us over."
"So anything you want to do today?" Ashley asks taking a sip of her coffee
"We should do a spa day at home."
"Do we have the stuff? You know what I'll finish my coffee and go to the store and get us some stuff."
"Oh no don't do that."
"Nope I have time. It's right down the road. I'll get dressed and poor the coffee into a travel mug."
"You sure?"
"Yes we need a relaxing day."
"We could always go to the store after we eat lunch." I say
"That's true, alright I'll wait and we can all pick out what we want and get some champagne as well."
"And we can get all pampered after dinner then and watch some movies."
"Definitely going to be a good day and night." Ashley says with a big smile.

We finish up our coffee and then both go change into some shorts and tshirts so we're ready to leave after we have lunch. At around 11:35 Jen gets here with lunch. We eat and tell her the plan for today and she's loving the spa idea . Once we finish up lunch we get catch a bus and head to a beauty store. We pick out some face masks, under eye patches ,some new nail polish , matching fuzzie slippers and Robes, an eye mask we can put in the freezer to get cold and some headbands to hold our hair back.

"You guys have any good sented candles at home?" Jen asks
"Yes we have a lot of unused ones in a closet we can pick one out." I say
"Alright so do we need anything else?" Ashley asks
"Not here. We need to hit the next store for snacks and champagne." I say
"Yes we can't forget that." Jen says
"Let's pay then."