Meddle about ~

Pairing: Xavier Thorpe x reader

Warnings: none!

~

You had started Nevermore days after Wednesday, so, the attention wasn't on you. You got the same tour and short summary of who was who but didn't become visible until Wednesday Addams needed your help. You had joined her room with Enid, who could be a bit much at times but she was refreshing. Especially, when Wednesday was dragging you to a "secret" library–after curfew. You were a lot of things but a rule breaker wasn't one of them.

You had disclosed yourself to her as a witch and remember hearing her mumble to herself,

"You'll be useful for my investigation" but you didn't know what she meant exactly. You'll take any friend that you could even if she was using you.

"Can you please just tell me why we're going down here" you whispered harshly as she continued to ignore your question. Again. She was walking fast and with determination that if you didn't keep focus on her, you'd lose her. She wasn't even checking to see if you were still following.

"Stop your huffing before you bring attention to us" Wednesday had given you your final warning before snapping at the statue that began to move backwards.

What was this place? What school had secret entries like this?

Without even realizing, Wednesday had already started walking in and darkness took over quickly so you picked up your pace. She was the only one who thought it through to bring a flashlight. Rookie mistake. You didn't even hear a sound come from Wednesday before everything went to black and someone grabbed you.

Hands were tied behind your back, tightly, and a bag had to be over your head. When Wednesday suggested "late night studying" in a library she discovered, you didn't expect to be kidnapped in the process. Maybe you didn't need a friend that bad.

The bag was snatched off your head and your eyes tried to adjust to a bright light that looked like it came from a... projector? Birds were cawing and the illumination was going around the room. What cult had snatched you and Wednesday up?

"Who dares reach our inner sanctum?" A dark and deep voice calls out to the both of you. Squinting your eyes, you could only see people in floor length robes and a mask covering half of their faces. Not to forget they had a hood on, how were you supposed to know who was holding you hostage?

"You can take the mask off, Bianca"

Of course, Wednesday would know. She could've given a girl a heads up before all of this, you thought. You could hear Wednesday make a snarky comment towards Bianca but your focus was on the ropes around your wrist. You hadn't noticed everyone else beginning to take their hoods or masks off either but you had gathered that they were your fellow Nevermore peers.

Going through spells in your head, you hadn't noticed a certain Nightshade member taking you in. You were something and someone new for him. Why hadn't he seen you before? He could tell Wednesday had given you no clue as to what you two were going to be doing tonight based on how comfortable you were dressed. It was a long sleeved shirt that covered your body as it was two times bigger than you, he assumed you wore shorts underneath because you still left the dorms. Though, he started letting his mind wander to you in just the shirt. Nothing underneath or in between.

Snapping back to Wednesday, Xavier heard the silence and realized what they were doing in the first place,

"How'd you get down here?" he asked after swallowing the lump in his throat. He didn't know who you were but he needed to, desperately.