Story 29--Shining Star (part 1)

Guide:

(Y/N): Your Name

(This is yet again another request! Dang, am I just going to fill this book up with multi-part one-shots? Ehh, not like I mind. I will get "The dove and forge" done soon, but for now enjoy the beginning of this next story!)

"Cause you held your head back laughin' like a little kid

I think it's strange that you think I'm funny 'cause you never did

I've been spending the last 8 months

Thinking all love ever does

Is break, and burn, and end

But on a Wednesday, in a Cafe,

I watched it begin again...ohh...

But on a Wednesday, in a Cafe,

I watched it begin again."

As the final chord echoed from the strings of your guitar, you sighed as you leaned back against the pillows, a dreamy smile on your face. Ever since you started making covers on YouTube filled with different songs by different artists, you have always longed for fame. Who doesn't? Yet as a YouTube artist you didn't just strive to make covers. Soon, you filled up your time while not working in your lab to create your own songs and post them up. Not that anyone minded.

But soon you caught the attention of one certain person, who actually turned out to be your best friend in the lab at San Fransokyo Institute of Technology-none other than the young prodigy, Hiro Hamada, who subscribed to your channel just recently and started liking all of your videos, including the ones that you thought were so crappy but to him looked so awesome. Without him, you were sure you were going to crumble and give up. But Hiro's support for you had been unending. It was quite admirable for a friend to stick up for your passions like that, and you thanked him from the bottom of your heart for this.

Speaking of Hiro, he only just got to your house as you sang the last bit of Taylor Swift's "Begin Again", and he smiled as he heard your beautiful voice ring from the windows into the open air outdoors. Curiosity soon got the better of him as he knocked timidly on the door, which you were completely oblivious to as you tuned your guitar again, ready to sing just one more song.

"Hello, Hiro," your mom greeted him the moment she opened the door. "Here to see (Y/N), I suppose?"

Hiro nodded. "I thought I heard her beautiful singing from outside. Is it okay if I go in and see her?"

Your mom nodded. "Of course! Do come in! You're always welcome."

She backed away so that Hiro could enter, taking off his shoes at the door and walking inside. The instance he did so you started striking up chords for yet another song.

"Tell me something I need to know,

Then take my breath and never let it go

If you just let me invade your space

I'll take the pleasure, take it with the pain.

And if in the moment I bite my lip

Baby in that moment you'll know this is

Something bigger than us and beyond bliss

Give me a reason to believe it..."

Once again your voice entranced Hiro. Without a second thought he quickly ran up the stairs and stopped at the doorway to your room, swaying to the music outside.