Story 59--Run from Trouble

Guide:

(Y/N): Your Name

(I'm kinda taking a different direction from "A New Hope" and "A Shakespearean/Descendants kind of story", and YES I KNOW TOO MANY PEOPLE WRITE STORIES SURROUNDING THIS IDEA but whatever, I haven't tried that yet so let's give it a shot.

Next chapter--I'll probably just spoil it already for the sake of the fangirls--next story is a wedding chapter! WOOHOO! So...yeah. 60th one-shot, a wedding. :) Anyway, if you don't mind waiting, enjoy this story.)

"HOW DARE YOU!"

You winced as your mom hurled another insult in your direction, covering your ears. Yes, you and your mom have been constantly arguing for the last hour because she finally found out about your abysmal grades at SFIT. As much as you wished to hide the secret, it was impossible. Your mom was bound to find out sooner or later.

"How dare I what?" you countered, throwing a death glare at your mom. "How dare I not do well in school? I have a freaking excuse!"

"Yeah, right! I've given you all the time you needed to study, (Y/N)! And you would rather use that time fangirling over things you shouldn't be fangirling about?" your mom cried in defense. "Or rather, spend so much time talking with that other young man who's actually proven himself to be a genius, unlike YOU?!"

"Mom, he's my friend!" you cried, undoubtedly knowing that your mom was referring to Hiro, your best friend and secret crush in the college. "What's wrong with that?"

"THAT BOY, my dear, is TROUBLE!" she screamed. "You'd rather hang out with him and his fellow band of mischief makers rather than focus on your studies?"

"THEY'RE COOL ENOUGH TO BE MY FRIENDS!" you yelled, edging closer and closer to the door. "AND IF YOU REALLY DON'T THINK THEY ARE WORTHY ENOUGH TO BE MY FRIENDS, SO BE IT! I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY YOU HAVE TO THINK LIKE THIS! WHAT'S WRONG WITH HAVING FRIENDS AT SFIT, MAY I ASK?"

"NOTHING'S WRONG WITH HAVING FRIENDS! IT'S JUST--AAAAARRRRRGH!" Your mom finally slammed her fists down on the kitchen counter. "You know what, just--just stop. I've HAD it with you, (Y/N)!"

You stomped your foot in reply and threw the front door open. "Okay. Maybe I will. By leaving this house. FOREVER!"

With that, you exited into the clear open night air and slammed the door shut with a loud satisfying BANG!, walking away from the front lawn without turning back. As you turned the corner, you sniffled as the tears began to slowly fall from your eyes, wiping them carelessly with your sweater, your hands finally jammed into your pockets as the chills settled in. Your mom was right--it was your fault for hanging with the group so much. But then again...lately, you couldn't help but feel that Hiro has been acting the strangest of the lot. Blushing whenever he saw you. Stuttering a little bit whenever he talked, trying to act smooth. Embracing you for longer and longer periods of time. You were only just so curious that it took you away from your purpose at SFIT...

Maybe you were a disgrace to the family after all.

Suddenly, you felt a breeze swoop by quickly behind your neck. With eyes as sharp as a hawk, you looked up, but saw nothing there. Shrugging, you kept walking, but then you were soon stopped by something anchoring your feet. Shocked, you looked down.

Billions upon billions of tiny black things rooted you to the ground, making your knees buckle as you struggled to get out.

"HEY! Who's there?!" you screamed, feeling your entire body now being bound with those tiny things. A distorted evil laugh came from your right as you turned to face...Yokai.