Chapter 1 New Blood

"What the hell, Yoongi! You promised," a focused Yoongi snarled at RM, who stood in the doorway of the back hallway, watching him feed.

A disgusted RM left the sight of Yoongi feeding on his breakfast and walked to his brothers' rooms. As he traversed the long, candle-lit hallway, a sudden thumping resounded from the roof. RM glanced up as the light fixtures swayed to the rhythm of the jumping.

It was JK, hopping across the roof tiles again. The noise had roused Jimin, who recognized the sound as JK's antics.

"You're up!" RM exclaimed, staring at Jimin's pale face in the shadowy confines of his room, his eyes now animalistic, focused, and smiling at RM, with a slight parting of the lips revealing his fangs. "Get dressed! Meeting in 15 minutes."

It was race night.

RM moved from room to room, rousing his four brothers; he was the eldest. In Seoul, only a select few were privy to their secret, yet even these trusted individuals were closely monitored.

All were now awake. JK entered the room, drawing everyone's attention. "What!!!" exclaimed JK taking a seat beside Yoongi who was still feeling the adrenaline high from feeding.

"Race night. It's Jin's night," RM declared, inquiring if he was prepared. "I'm ready... gamers are always ready," Jin responded, rising to his feet, charged with excitement. "Remember D Li? You're racing him tonight. We need this win. His weakness is about 3.0 miles from the finish line; he overcompensates and plays the lagger. That's your moment to lead and win the race keep your eyes on him. J Hope, I need you airborne," RM instructed, observing Hobi mimic flight. "Got it," Hobi affirmed.

"JK and Yoongi, do what you normally do... Ensure no unnecessary guests interfere," RM instructed with a voice as commanding as a lion's roar—a warning to those who heard it.

"Yoongi I will not say this to you again feed off the property. We can't afford problems," RM's voice carried the weight of an undeniable command.

"Everyone else, stay close to me. Okay, pack up and check your engines; we leave in two hours," RM directed.

Their family history is as ancient as time, yet time ceased centuries ago. Seven boys were born to a woman in corporate Korea, who found her soulmate from another era—a master vampire embodying light, coldness, and darkness all at once through his lineage, a new generation of vampires emerged: his seven sons, each possessing the power to forge his bloodline.

Their mother, fully human, succumbed to the desires and seduction of her boss, a rich, handsome, and powerful Sounder de Sang. He seduces Mi Kim, an innocent advertising executive, who desires hybrids in his offspring. She was 23 years old.

Their father was the head of the Jihoo clan from the north of Korea, residing on an island off the northwest coast of Socheongdo. Both parents were killed as they fled to South Korea under the cover of darkness.

RM, honoring his father's promise, still harbors plans for their killers—a group of headhunters who hunt and kill vampires. Their mother concealed them and sacrificed herself for their safety. Their father, finding her, attacked with great force until he was beheaded by the son of Tao Ye, who bore a deadly inherited mission to rid the world of darkness. Dragon Ye became the heir to that family's calling.

RM's father's clan is still pursued by vamp killers who are organized and dangerous, but they await the day RM returns to claim his father's throne. The anarchy in Seoul continues; his father was next in line for the throne, but RM has vowed to avenge their deaths before he returns.