New Beginnings

Under the moonlight, Rios felt Yoongi's shadow looming over her, rendering her immobile. "What's your problem?" Yoongi inquired, peering down at her. "Don't come any closer!" she exclaimed, gazing up at him. "Stand up! No one's going to hurt you," Yoongi assured, seizing her wrist to help her to her feet.

"You all killed your grandfather; what's to stop you from killing me?" she questioned. "My brother doesn't trust you, and throwing a fit won't improve things. We're going back; there's still work to do. By now, Black Village must be aware of Jihoo," Yoongi stated, pulling Rios along. As Rios walked past the still-blazing fire, RM glanced at her, his eyes brimming with fury.

"V, call the dogs. We have plans to devise," RM commanded. "She's your responsibility. If she attempts to flee again, I won't hesitate to end her," Jin declared, his gaze fixed on Rios.

Seoul 7 made their way through the woods back to their estates, necessitating tightened security. RM was certain they would receive visitors. Outside Jihoo's estate, the Black Village gathered, with the elders standing on the stairs amid loud grumblings. "We all felt the connection breaking; it still burns in our blood. Is it true the Coven Leader is dead?" The elders, furious and visibly transforming, were determined to locate Coven Leader Jihoo. "Where did he go?" the covenant inquired, unaware that only the elders knew of the plan to resurrect Yoongi.

It was known that his grandchildren were the culprits. RM's words had echoed through the crowd on the night of the revelation. Some Night Stalkers fled towards the cliffs. RM planned to ignite a fire at dawn and then purify Black Village. The elders instructed the coven to retire to their chambers, assuring them that the matter would be addressed and the guilty would face consequences. Rios and Yoongi gazed at the walls in his room. She huddled in a corner, eyes fixed on him. "Do I need to take you to the kennel, or can I trust you to stay here?" Yoongi inquired. Rios, silent, locked eyes with him. "They're coming for all of you; they're aware. The connection is seething in my blood; the rendering is furious. There will be a massacre; the countryside will be in peril. Seoul will follow. What will you do?" Rios questioned. Yoongi's scowl conveyed everything she needed to know. Overwhelmed with grief, she bowed her head into her lap. It would take days to completely sever ties with Jihoo's bloodline, during which many would roam, mindlessly slaughtering. The fire raged on, spewing soot and ash toward Black Village. Jihoo was a formidable vampire, but his grandsons were aware and ready. The key was to subdue him into a catatonic state. Their abilities were indeed beyond imagination and immensely potent. Hypnotizing a vampire required precision and impeccable timing.