Chapter 8 Truth

Rio sat in Yoongi's car, her presence palpable to him. V, monitoring the GPS, noted that JK was mere minutes from the finish line. Hobi was ahead, flying towards the goal. The crowd's anticipation was palpable as they cheered, waiting. V positioned himself at the finish line gate, while Rio kept her gaze fixed on Yoongi, contemplating her next move to draw him away. As JK approached, decelerating his engines, the spectators erupted in excitement. The event sponsors approached his car, requesting the footage, which JK provided via a computer drive. Yoongi, sharing a knowing smile with JK, was aware that the others were handling Dragon Ye.

Hobi approached with urgency. "We've got problems," he informed Yoongi. The sponsors returned, handing Yoongi a briefcase filled with money. "That was some radical footage—the driver of the other car?" one sponsor inquired. JK, Hobi, and V entered their cars, unfazed by the sponsor's curiosity. "It's always the same with their weird stuff," the sponsor remarked.

As they awaited Yoongi, aware of the long night ahead, he confronted Rio. "What are you doing here? You need to leave," he insisted. "Listen to me, your grandfather is coming for you. He knew I couldn't sway you. He's determined to take you back. I can help," Rio offered. "No, stay out of this," Yoongi retorted, starting his car. Together, JK, V, Hobi, and Yoongi departed to rendezvous with RM, Jin, and Jimin.

Rio knew she had to try to stop her grandfather. "Okay, I just sent RM a message," Hobi announced.

Dragon Ye was still among them. His uncle had left but not gone far; he had men ready to follow his commands.

Yoongi's grandfather was en route to their location. Rio also departed to intercept them.

"What are you going to do?" Dragon Ye inquired.

"Shut up! You don't get to speak!" Jin snapped.

Jimin, sensing his fear, knelt before him, his fangs at Dragon Ye's neck.

"Not so tough now, are you?" RM remarked, struggling to contain his anger.

"Admit it, your family is no different from mine... yet you're alone, and I have my brothers. Loyalty was never the Ye clan's strength. It's a pity you're the one here. Who killed my parents? The day your father trapped them, and my mother hid us. She returned to aid my father... I witnessed their murder," RM said, seizing him by the throat.

"It was my uncle who set things in motion, hoping my father would be killed. He was there, just as he came tonight," RM listened.

"I was taught your kind was poison and needed to be exterminated," Jimin said as he clawed at his face. RM intervened.

"We never hurt anyone; it wasn't our father's way. He left the Black Village that day to give us a better life."

"Your kind fears everything you can't control. You're a poison to your own and to my kind," RM declared.

JK, V, Yoongi, and Hobi arrived. "Your time has come," Jin declared.