The Vision

"What is it?"

"To your left," RM said quickly.

"Everyone, split up now," Suga commanded.

Vampires resided in the cliffs, renegades resembling strays. The sound of water crashing against the rocks filled the air. Seoul 7 was tracking two within the rocks their speed escalating.

Hobi dashed off the cliff and spread his wings to fly. He spotted wall caves; it must be feeding time. Returning to the group, Hobi reported, "We have bigger problems—there are wall caves. It's impossible to know how many are inside."

"V let the dogs out," JK said. The first vampire stood in front of V, demented and wild. V leapt onto its back, seized its head, and snapped its neck. He removed the head and set it, along with the body, on fire. Boa chased the second one, which realized Boa was a vampire too. It lunged at him, but JK intercepted it mid-attack. As Boa turned and seized its arm, JK plunged a boot dagger into its heart. RM walked over and set it on fire.

"This is crazy," Jin remarked.

"They were confused; remember, we have human blood in our veins," RM replied.

Soul 7 had been living undisturbed until the Ye order brought war to their doorstep, and now their family history was the cause.

They all returned to their vehicles, covering the final miles into Black Village. A long stretch of road led to their parents' land, where a house sat perched on a hill overlooking the ocean. Their grandfather had forbidden anyone from living in the home. Watchers from the Order were always present; the Order's home faced the northwest side of town, a massive Vampire Fort that served as the Governing Monarch of the village.

"Wow..." V exclaimed as they approached the house.

A wave of nervousness washed over them; it was the last place they remembered their parents. Jimin, gifted with memory recall, could see both past and present.

Standing on the land meant to be their home, V released the pack from the trailer, commanding them to survey the property.

RM led the way into the home; the foyer was dark, and the air was stale—nothing had been moved in all those years. "Suga, you seem angry... it's okay," RM said as they continued to examine the house.

"I know you all have questions," Jin said, "but first things first... remember why we are here," he reminded them.

JK, the youngest, was very receptive to leading and did not let his internal emotions affect his purpose. Discipline was one of his strengths, along with wisdom.

RM lit candles throughout each room they entered until they reached the main sitting room. As he lit the candles he had forgotten that on the central wall of that room, a large painting of their parents was displayed.

"I've always felt their presence—only shadows in my thoughts, I recall her voice and smile in fragments... but never once have I seen her beauty in my dreams," Hobi said.

"Where's Suga?" V asked.

Suga was consumed by a deep-seated desire for revenge... he was discovered in his father's study. "What is it?" RM inquired, as a hush fell over Suga, his fangs barely visible. He took a seat in his father's chair.

"Suga, don't," RM implored, his eyes' black pupils and retracting fangs becoming evident.

Suga found himself in a dreamscape. The final moments of that day materialized as if it were happening all over again. He yearned to understand what had transpired.