Chapter 9 Day Break

Hobi was resting, Jin was enjoying music, and JK observed Yoongi's stillness on the roof from his window. V and Jimin were also resting, while RM was engrossed in research. As the sun rose, the kennel shutters closed automatically, blocking out the light. Dragon Ye heard the sound and realized the daylight had arrived. "Be still, it's daybreak. The dogs and I cannot be in the light," he whispered.

"You need to rest! They are scheming, and you're likely to be involved. Don't misunderstand; their conflict isn't resolved," Rios advised.

"What's your relation to them?" inquired Dragon Ye.

"Consider them family, and the family's leader seeks the middle child," Rio revealed.

"Why?"

"You're inquisitive. What brings you here?" Rio countered. Dragon Ye acknowledged he had underestimated Seoul7; they were not the malevolence he had been led to believe.

"Ahhh... You belong to the Dragon Clan, vampire hunters, caught in the act," Rio deduced, standing by the side enclosure.

"Along those lines," he replied, clinging to his dignity.

"Do you reckon we'll make it out alive?"

"Focus on yourself. You're the adversary. To them, I'm merely an annoyance," Rio concluded. After that, Dragon Ye found a corner, settled down, and fell asleep.

Yoongi entered, and RM could hear him; his concern was palpable.

Dragon Ye's uncle was overjoyed, his boastful demeanor and tight lips revealing nothing. Evidence was required before he could summon the assembly regarding Dragon Ye.

The Black Village was gearing up to pursue Yoongi. Coven leader Jihoo intended to convert Yoongi himself.

RM was prepared to sacrifice his life to prevent this. Seated at his desk, he penned instructions for his brothers. Jin was to assume leadership should anything happen to him. RM provided detailed directives in case of his demise. After finishing the last letter, he placed all six in the family covenant chest.

He kissed the chest and locked it. Seeking a distraction, he went outside to the carport to wash the cars.