The Gift

The notion that Yoongi held the key to his father's long-established plan was baffling to him. As he pored over the diary, one thing became evident: war was unavoidable. His mother was the catalyst for his father's departure from the Jihoo clan; her love transformed him. The union of his fully vampire father and human mother was never accepted unless he consented to change her.

His father expressed his profound love for their mother and his readiness to abandon his family in Black Village. As he flipped to the page about his birth, he learned his mother had given birth to seven boys, with Yoongi as the middle child. Yoongi's gifts were apparent by age one, but his unique ability to transform into a panther—a feline with the instinct to deliver lethal strikes to an adversary—was particularly remarkable.

His grandfather recognized this the instant he gazed into Yoongi's eyes. This trait had been apparent since Yoongi's teenage years; he would hunt and eliminate criminal humans. RM was aware of this, having caught Yoongi several times near the kennels or noting his absence in the early hours of the night.

Hybrids were enigmas to the world. Their abilities surpassed those of their ancestors, becoming more valuable as more were born. Clans would vie to possess one.

J Hope's gift of flight, his prowess as a Tiercel, was apparent early on.

Yoongi was nearing the age when his transformation would be unveiled.

The more he read his father's diary of events and accounts, the clearer it became.

RM, having read the diaries of all his brothers, knew they had to stay together.

The last page contained a message for him:

"My dear Son,

I have entrusted Namjoon with the care of you six. If you are reading this, then my greatest fears have come to pass. Your grandfather will attempt to kill your brothers but spare you, for reasons you now understand. He is malevolent and will stop at nothing to cling to the old ways. This is why your mother and I had to leave.

The eight years it took to bring you seven into the world were filled with challenges.

She was beautiful and strong. I loved her for reasons the Jihoo coven could never comprehend. Her human life gave me hope for our world. JK was the last born, and I fulfilled your mother's wish to become a fully vampire. She desired a different path for you seven. I agreed, hoping you would forge a coexistence with the humans.

There is great danger for you all. Your grandfather will come for you. But you are my blood, and you are my son. Your brothers need you, and it's not your fault if you face trials and a lack of understanding... everything you need is here. Trust your brother; he will lead you all to victory. I am always with you... Your loving father.

Yoongi could hardly believe he possessed a gift that could alter the course of the Covens. He closed the diary and returned it to his box, taking it to his room. Rios was awakening... She heard his approach.