Chapter 12 Broken Connections

Yoongi ventured out to secure the perimeter. Rio's words had never been more accurate; several night stalkers had defected and convened at the cliffs, the boundary between Seoul and Black Village.

"We need to hunt," Jhope declared, reaching for the catch bags. "I understand," Jimin acknowledged, aware they had only a few hours until dawn.

"It's too risky to leave now, wait until dawn. We can't afford night stalkers tracking our scent. They're aware their Coven leader is dead. Turmoil will ensue soon."

RM surveyed his brothers, recognizing the necessity of their next move.

"Will you join me?" RM asked Yoongi.

Together, they returned to the house. RM regained his composure as they entered the library.

"Please, take a seat," he instructed.

"You're aware they'll do anything to retaliate for Jihoo's death. I don't want them to appoint a new Coven leader; it would only perpetuate the status quo. We must coexist with humans; Black Village must come to an end," RM stated, settling down with their Historical Ledger.

"I understand. What's our strategy?" inquired Yoongi.

"Regarding Rios, the link between you two must be severed. I've observed the bond weakening, which is fortunate. She's frightened. What are your thoughts on her now?" RM probed.

"Ask... do you want to know if I'm in love with her?" Yoongi asked, locking eyes with his brother.

"You said it! So, I guess you can answer your own question," RM replied, meeting his gaze.

"I am not! She's different from her family... I'm just not sure what to do with her. She's a handful."

"I understand, but my instincts tell me she can't be trusted," RM stated. Yoongi knew where this conversation was heading and felt his agitation rising.

"We need to burn the dwellings on the cliff tomorrow while they're asleep... They go first, then we take out Black Village. The elders will come after us... they won't escape the Coven, being only 120 strong, will never adapt to feeding the hybrid way or live in peace," Yoongi resolved to take JK and eliminate The Cliffs.

"Alright then... let's get ready to hunt," RM declared. "I'll bring Rios; she needs to learn our way of feeding," Yoongi said for a moment, RM didn't stop him.

Rios had a plan... she just had to convince Yoongi.