6)

The police came for a second time to the complex and this time because of a murder. During the night yesterday, someone entered the house of the old lady on the left us and killed her slowly torturing her.

- We didn't see anything. – Morgan answered the police officer's answer.

- I stood around 1 a.m. to go to the bathroom and check our dog with puppies. – I said and pointed to Bella who was lying in her whelping box with her puppies feeding, but she was watching us – I didn't hear anything and got back in bed.

- Do you suspect someone who has the reason or motivation to do it? – the police officer asked his next question.

- I don't think so. Everyone here is good, kind and caring and it is strange to happen something like that. – I answered.

The police officers nodded thankfully and left. Morgan closed the door and walked to me as I sat on the sofa with a big sigh. He sat next to me, and I didn't miss the opportunity to snuggle with him.

- Who do you think is doing this? – I whispered as I snuggle my nose in his neck.

- I have no idea. – Morgan confessed as he played with my hair – But we have to understand. Something is wrong here.

- We said to the kids that we have to hold our heads low and don't show our spy abilities. – I said raising to look into his eyes.

- I remember this, but that doesn't concern us. If I get inside the house of the old lady, maybe I could find something useful. – Morgan replied.

- It's crowded with police and if they catch you, you go to jail on charges that you broke in. - I said dissatisfied with the plan but sighed - Just be careful. I will watch through our laptops and try to help you.

Morgan nodded and kissed me before we both went to get ready. Our plan was simple. Morgan would enter the house and search for clues while I stay in the house watching the kids and monitoring everything through my laptop and Morgan's.

His clothes were a black tight shirt with black skinny jeans and sneakers. He had a black backpack on his back and black motorcycle gloves. He had a spy earpiece in his ear from which we could communicate. Morgan put on his black scarf and hidden in the dark broke into the old lady's house.

I looked through the cameras and how the police officers move around, and I was ready to tell Morgan if I suspected anything.

- Okay, I am inside. - I heard Morgan say.

- Search for everything unusual. Something that the police might miss. - I instructed.

- I know how to do that. - Morgan grumbled.

- Just listen to your alfa. - I rolled my eyes even though he couldn't see me.

...........

Morgan sighed and took his flashlight. He looked around the old lady's bedroom. He carefully looked around her belongings and under her bed. He stood lightning with his flashlight around when he spotted something. He walked to the small cupboard where was the small TV. Morgan put down his scarf and put the lighter in his mouth before taking the locker. He inspected and took off his backpack.

He just took off his instrument when Elena yelled in his ear:

- Morgan, hide. Someone is coming.

Morgan put on the backpack and ran to the wardrobe. He jumped using to push himself from the wall and lay down on the top of the wardrobe. He hid behind the big suitcase and turned off the flashlight the moment when one police officer entered. He turned on the lamps and looked around. He didn't see Morgan and after checking to see if he can open the locker Morgan just tried, he sighed and exited. Morgan jumped back and ran to the place.

- Did you find anything? - Elena asked terrified.

- I think so. Just tell me when someone came back. - Morgan answered his wife while trying to open the locker.

He heard Elena's sigh and her small "Yes". He wanted to calm her down, but he wanted to focus on that. Morgan grinned when he opened it and looked inside. There was a birth certificate, a few old rings, money, and photos. Morgan carefully looked inside but he sighed. He closed it and put the locker again.

However, something else grabbed his attention. Old stationary phone with cable leading to the desk. Morgan's spy instincts kick out immediately and he followed the cable kneeling. He inspected the wall with his hands and noticed that there was a door.

- Morgan, you have 3 minutes before the police enter. - Elena spoke.

- Okay. - Morgan said looking at the things he finds out inside the secret space.

Two phones were charging from the cable, a small knife with a family crest, a few letters, and burned photo.

- Get out of there. You have one minute. - Elena almost yelled.

Morgan took off his backpack and put everything he found inside it. He closed the door and exited through the window. Using the metal pipeline, he steps on the ground.

- Don't move. - one of the police officers noticed him.

Morgan ran to the sewer shaft and opened it by jumping inside, but the police officer fired at him hitting him.

..............

I grabbed my mouth when I heard the gunshot and got scared.

- Morgan. - I cried and immediately looked at my watch, but calmed down seeing that he has a pulse.

There was a knock on the door and I closed the laptops as I went to open them. There were two policemen.

- Sorry to bother you, but we saw a dangerous man break into a house. We wanted to make sure you are fine. - said the longer policeman.

- Everything is fine. Where did this happen? - I asked.

- In the house of the woman who died. I think it was the killer trying to hide his tracks, but we will catch him. - said the lower policeman and nodded politely - Goodnight.

They left and I closed the door. I looked and saw Morgan enter from the basement, apparently sneaking through the shafts and the secret tunnels. However, he was holding on to his waist where I could see blood and I ran to him. I put him on the couch and looked at the wound.

- How do you always end up hurt on the missions? – I asked while taking care of the wound.

- Excuse me!? – Morgan frowned – That police officer just had a good aim. – he groans when I touch too hard – How we will hide this? No one has to notice the wound, or they will suspect something.

- Relax. I doubt the police will go through every person and check him for a gunshot wound. – I said trying to calm him down.

- Yeah, but we still had to be careful. – Morgan answered looking at how I treated his wound – At least I think I found something.

- What? – I asked when I was ready, and Morgan stood up pouring everything from his backpack onto the coffee table - We have to dig a lot.

- Exactly. It will be a long night. - Morgan sighed.

- We can help. - I heard Jason say.

Morgan and I turned and saw Jacob, Jason, Hannah, Gabriel, Dylan, Emma, and Emily standing in front of the stairs with big smiles.