53)

My kids spend two days in our bedroom because their rooms still weren't ready. The moment they were ready Morgan took the camera and shot the reaction of the kids in every room. Their surprised faces watching their dream room become real were priceless and I was glad my husband was able to record them.

Even Bella received a new kettle in the backyard but she still preferred in the living room next to the stairs.

If some of the kids awoke from nightmares, Bella was running to their room and snuggled in them until they are calm and fall asleep. If the door was closed, she will whimper until someone opens her door. That's why our doors were slightly opened so that she could enter the rooms.

Life was perfect but for only three days. On the fifth day of our life in this mansion, Morgan and I received a letter that I and my family have to go to court because of the custody of Hannah. Hearing that I was furious and Morgan spend all day trying to find a way to persuade the judge that Lana isn't capable of caring for a child. Jacob, Jason, Hannah, Gabriel, Dylan, Emma and Emily didn't like the idea either and were very helpful. Charlie and Elijah didn't notice everything wrong and they even fell asleep in the baby seats on the way to the court.

All the kids were sitting on the benches and were listening to us, the adults talking.

- I want to repair my mistake. I don't want full custody. - Lana said and wiped false tears - I just want to be with my daughter.

- I know you, Lana. You don't want your daughter because wanting to care about her. - Morgan said and walked closer to her - There is another reason you want her.

Lana crossed her arms looking at Morgan with so much hate that I have a feeling she could have killed him. I took Morgan's arm pulling him back and intertwined our hands trying to calm him down.

- In his documents, Mr Curse says that this was one stand out and you never took care of her as a baby. Even before you disappeared. - the judge said looking at the documents - Why do you think you can now?

- I have changed. I know that I was in prison but it changed me a lot. I want to have a family and I want to reunite with my daughter. - Lana said acting.

I heard my kids scoff and I glanced at them. Jacob, Jason, Gabriel and Dylan were furious and wanted to protect their sister while Hannah was depressed. I hate seeing her like that. Emma and Emily were trying to cheer her up but they couldn't. I looked closely at the baby seats but Charlie and Elijah were still sleeping.

- Do you think Morgan is suitable to be a father? - Lana yelled and I turned to her - He has problems with anger.

- I don't have problems with anger. - Morgan yelled furiously.

I saw his blue-green eyes become ice-cold like before and I stood in front of him putting my arm on his chest. His fist was clenching harder than before and his knuckles were getting white.

- Calm down. Breathe, please. - I said and touched our noses - Breath with me. Can you do it?

Morgan followed my instructions even if he was getting angrier but he calm down.

- Yes, he had problems with anger but never made me scared of him. He never punched me or hurt me.– I stepped back from Morgan and looked back at the judge - I am sure he will never do it on the kids too.

- See, I was right. - Lana yelled.

- Yes, you are, but Morgan is more than that. - I said and looked at the judge - We just moved into a new mansion and my husband decided to get the kids the chance to decorate their rooms only from their drawings.

I took the drawings of my kids from my backpack and show them to the judge. I even showed them a video of their reaction. I saw Lana cross her arms fuming with anger.

- I see that you are very carrying for your kids. - the judge said, thinking and looking at Lana - I am sorry but looking at your past experiences and life, you don't have the necessary accommodations to care about a child. I can't give it to her.

- Love is more important than the money which these two have. – Lana tried to reason with the judge, but I think he was on our side.

We won again and I took the kids to the car, promising to buy them ice cream to cheer them up. It worked, and once I was sure everyone was secured in the car, I turned around. I saw Morgan standing in front of the district court, looking nervously at Lana, who was saying something to him. I closed the car door and went to you.

- Hey, what's going on here? - I asked, looking.

- I talked to my child's father. Who are you to intervene in other people's conversations? - Lana turned to me sharply and winked at Morgan - Remember my words.

She left, and I looked at Morgan, who was already looking at his legs, breathing hard. I put my hands on his cheeks, drawing his attention, and rubbed under his eyes, trying to calm him.

- Let's go home. - I said, and he nodded absently.

I took the keys from his jacket and pushed him into the front seat. I sat in the driver's seat and looked at my family. Morgan was completely distracted and not in the mood at all while Jacob, Jason, Hannah, Gabriel, Dylan, Emma, ​​and Emily jumped slightly in the back seats, reminding me that I had promised them ice cream.

We went to a nearby fast-food restaurant and through the window without getting out of the car, I ordered ice cream for each child according to what they wanted. I went home and decided to leave Morgan alone for a few minutes to calm down.

.....

Lana went into the headquarters and from there into the office. Peter was sitting in the chair eating popcorn but stopped immediately when he saw the woman. Lana angrily threw the nearby vase, breaking it, and screamed angrily.

- It didn't work out. - Peter sighed and leaned back, putting his hands behind his back - I told you it wouldn't work.

- Screw you, Peter. You could have helped me. – Lana yelled angrily towards him.

- I helped. Did you tell him what I have told you? – Peter grinned like a small child.

- Of course, he was scared. – Lana laughed and looked at the turned chair where someone was sitting – Boss, you had to see him. He looked so scared when I mention that I will kill his family in front of him.

If you thought Lana was evil and was the big boss, well, you were wrong. The real villain was hiding in the shadow the whole time. This was the man who helped Lana get out of prison and who made sure Peter is saved and alive.

If this was the real Mysterious boss who terrorized the Curse family, Lana was his second hand and pretended to be him while he was away.

The mysterious boss let a dark laugh which cause Peter's legs to twitch in fear as Lana smiled wickedly. The boss raised his hand, showing only his finger with a silver male ring, and said in a loud voice that Peter recognized instantly from before:

- Well done to you, Lana. Now we are just waiting for the right moment, and we will hurt them.

Peter immediately realized what was happening here. This was the man he had been communicating with in the beginning, and Lana had briefly replaced him for a while.

- You're the real boss. - Peter realized, making Lana roll her eyes.

- Yes, Dummy, it's me. - the unknown man grinned and took off his hand - Lana replaced me for a few months due to injury but I'm back.

Peter scratched his neck uncertainly and nodded, even knowing he couldn't see him.