44)

A few minutes later, after the children had calmed down, I dressed them all in nice clothes and built them downstairs like soldiers. Morgan entered the room wearing ripped jeans and a red shirt. It was almost the same as mine, but it was a male version.

- We are going to a barbecue dinner, and I set a few rules. - I said.

- We know. - Jacob interrupted me with a sigh - No pranks or mischievous acts.

- We will be good, and we promised not to get anyone trapped by us if we don't share before with you. - Jason added.

Everyone nodded without Gabriel. He was pouting slightly and didn't seem very pleased with the rules.

- C'mon, Prankster. - Hannah said and bumped his shoulder - There will be hamburgers and Coca-Cola.

- Okay. - he nodded.

- Can I have coke too? - Dylan jumped enthusiastically.

- I want that too. - Emma said happily.

- Me too. - Emily matched her twin energy.

Charlie and Elijah just laughed babyishly and clapped with their hands.

- We will see. - Morgan intervened in the conversation and wrapped one arm around my waist - But remember that is a law whenever mom said. You can't change it.

The kids laughed and I slapped him behind the neck. He illuminated me with one of his charming and sexy smiles that can melt any girl but not me...well, at least not every time. I got used to that.

We exited the house and went to Miller's house where some people were already gathered. Dorothea and Doncho were near the barbecue making the sandwiches while their kids Vincent and Victoria played on a small baby carpet. Emma and Emily ran to play on the carpet, and they immediately involved Charlie and Elijah in the game the moment I put them on the blanket. Jacob, Jason, Hannah, Gabriel, and Dylan, played Hide and Seek or Tag around the garden.

- It's amazing you have 9 kids and staying young. - Doncho chuckled.

- I don't know how young I can be. I am 31 years old. - Morgan smiled.

- And I am 39 years old, and I have two kids. - Doncho bumped his shoulder.

- Not all of them are between us. - I said and was about to explain when Dorothea interrupted me:

- Yeah, I remember. You told me the story and I told it to my husband. But still, you are amazing people.

- Thanks. - I said shyly and Morgan grinned nodding.

- How many days you will stay this time? – Doncho asked turning one of the hamburgers.

- We still didn't decide. – I said looking at Morgan unsure, but he just shrugged not helping at all – Maybe a few days.

- We can go on a family picnic somewhere. – Dorothea thought and smiled happily – It will be fun, especially for the kids.

- Yeah, we can. – I agreed with her, and she nodded enthusiastically apparently agreeing with my answer.

The hamburgers were ready and soon my family was sitting on one of the benches eating the hamburgers. My kids act well and didn't cause any problems or do any pranks.

However, the worst is yet to come. Morgan, the children and I went home, and an hour later we were alone. The children were asleep in their rooms, tired from the whole chase and the games between them.

I checked each child to see if he or she was sleeping normally and went to my room where Morgan was already laying down on the bed. I lay down next to him, immediately hugging him across the waist and putting my head on his chest. He, in turn, put one hand across my waist as well and started stroking me lightly with the other hand, placing it under his pillow. We both fell asleep like our legs, and we tangled them afterwards.

I woke up at night and saw that Morgan was gone. I sat on the bed looking for him in the bedroom, but he wasn't there. So, I went downstairs and saw him sitting in the high chairs by the bar, turning his glass thoughtfully in his hands.

- Hey, are you okay? - I asked, going to him.

- I'm sorry I woke you up. I had a bad nightmare and decided to come here for a while. - he said, and I looked down at the glass - It's water.

I took the glass, trying it even if I trusted him, and he was right. Morgan smiled his typical sly smile, and I rolled my eyes.

I was about to say something when sirens sounded outside. We both looked at each other confused and went outside to see what was going on. Another neighbour was killed by an unknown killer, and that puzzled me a lot.