69)

I lay on a bed and watched Rebecca examine the baby with an ultrasound. She smiled and pushed the screen toward me.

- Congratulations. Healthy and strong boy. - she said.

I couldn't help but rejoice and smiled so broadly that my smile must have reached my ears. Rebecca turned off the ultrasound and gave me a towel to wipe off the gel.

- How was Morgan during those few weeks? - I asked remembering how much he is lost without me.

- Bad. When he was with the children, he was the best father. He played with them, sang songs to them and spent all his time with them. - Rebecca said - But when he was alone or with us, it was as if he was a different person. He kept looking for you, and if we didn't find anything, he would get angry. The only thing that reassured him was the thought of having to find you.

- Did he drink? - I asked sadly.

- Unfortunately, yes. He could not sleep because of his nightmares and drank every night. Once he even drank to the point of fainting. Eventually, I started giving him sedatives and he slept like a baby. - Rebecca replied.

I nodded gratefully and left the room looking for my husband. I found him in our bedroom sitting on the bed. He was feeding Charlie and Elijah who had their eyes closed. Jacob, Jason, Hannah, Gabriel, Dylan, Emma, and Emily were playing, but the moment they saw me they dropped their toys. They ran to me, and I kneel hugging all of them as I kissed their foreheads. They started talking one over another about what they were doing.

I calmed them down and they started one after the other. I spend some time with them, and I finally walked to Morgan. I helped him put the babies in their beds who had felt asleep. The moment he sat on the bed, I sat on his lap wrapping my arms around his chest. He hugged me and stroked my belly smiling.

- Rebecca could see the child's gender. - I said and he looked at me with love – Can you guess?

Morgan thought, stroking my belly for a few seconds before looking at me again, and spoke:

- Boy.

I smiled nodding and kissed him, making him happy. I heard happy shouts and I leaned away from Morgan watching our children. They were jumping happy and joyful that they would have a brother. I couldn't believe we will have 10 kids – six boys and four girls. Unfortunately, we couldn't balance making the boys and girls equal, but I loved the baby no matter what.

I wanted the unborn baby and his bigger siblings to have a happy childhood, but that mean we had to stop Roland, who appeared to be one step ahead of us now. Morgan left the room to prepare a plan with Taylor and Rebecca while I spend time with my kids. We played games and after dinner, we sat watching a movie. The film was our favourite musical film, watched for sure 5 times and the kids sang in unison with the actors and even managed to replicate each dance. I even recorded them on a video.

At the end of the film, Charlie and Elijah slept in their cribs in our room, but Jacob, Jason, Hannah, Gabriel, Dylan, Emma, and Emily were sleeping on our bed in different positions and directions. I put blankets on all my kids and exited the room closing the door quietly. I walked downstairs where Morgan was sitting in the common room with Taylor and Rebecca talking. Ruby was in her mother hand sleeping holding her plushie toy.

- Hey, guys. Did I miss something? – I said as I sat next to Morgan wrapping my arms around him and making him smile.

- I was just saying that Roland succeeded to grab many followers using you like a tool, Elena. – Rebecca answered and looked at her daughter – I will go put her in a bed.

I nodded and she left the room. Taylor followed her wife before looking back at us and spoke:

- That was Roland's idea from the beginning, I think. Maybe his plan to attack the headquarters while Elena was all alone and used her in some bad way only to gain followers in the war that is coming.

- That bastard. – Morgan mumbled under his breath, but I could hear it and rubbed his back calming him down – We need partners too. How many exactly he was able to win on his side?

- Around one thousand. – Taylor answered – He is almost equal with us, but we need more spies.

- Morgan and I will take care of it. – I said.

Taylor left the room and I turned to my husband who was staring at me with a smile. I put my hand on his neck and said:

- I am disappointed by you. – he rolled his eyes – You promised me not to drink anymore.

- I know that. – Morgan sighed – But I was lost without you, and I didn't know how to deal with the pain that you are missing. – he smiled and pecked my lip – You are the only person keeping me from the darkness and as you know you are my anchor.

I kissed his lip trying to show him I will be here and not leave him. He kissed me back and we started doing it more passionately. I pushed him onto the sofa without separating us and I felt his hand under my shirt. I stopped leaning back to take a deep breath.

- I'm pregnant, Morgan. Let's not go further. – I said trying to catch my breath and sat – What we will do with the spies?

Morgan rubbed his temple nervous sitting and glanced at me thinking. I tried to do the same trying to remember which spy organization is willing to help us.

- I can think of only one spy organization. – my husband spoke – The Garmadon spy organization. We helped them once and there is no reason they won't help us now.

I remember them. They hired us to execute a few traitors, but that was a long time ago. We thought about this while we slept in our room with our kids all over our bed and in the morning, we discussed it with Taylor and Roland. They agreed and we left on the same day.