21)

I sighed and rubbed my temple hearing that neither Rebecca nor Taylor had any solution to Morgan's nightmares and was on the lead for finishing out Peter and his boss.

- It is getting worst, guys. – I said looking at them.

- What do you mean by that? – Rebecca asked confused.

- I can barely make him go to bed, and when I do, and he falls asleep, his night terror immediately begins. - I explained.

- Hasn't it been like that before? - Taylor was confused.

- It wasn't so intense. I used to be able to calm him down easily and put him back in bed, but now I can't. - I answered and sighed - I have the feeling that he is starting to lose his mind because of this. He spends his time painting away from his family and when he is with us, he is somehow distant.

- Maybe you should talk to him. - Rebecca suggested.

- I try every time, but it becomes more and more difficult. - I sighed.

- That's it. - Taylor snapped his fingers, and I looked at him confused - He always dreams of hurting you. What if you prove to him that he can't?

- How to do it? - I asked confused.

- There is a waterfall near us. From here you decide what to do with this information. - Taylor winked at me.

I smiled, understanding what he meant, and went to find Morgan. He refused at first and didn't want to go anywhere, but after I showed him a pitiful dog's face, he agreed. I blindfolded him and led him to the waterfall.

When we were next to him, I pushed Morgan a little more until we reached the edge and took off the bandage.

- Elena, what are we doing here? - he asked confused.

- We are doing exactly what you want. - I said - To kill me by pushing me into the waterfall.

- No, you're crazy. I will not do it. - Morgan snapped and turned to return, but I grabbed his arm, returning him to his previous position.

- I can't look at you like that anymore. Either it all ends here and now with my death, or we won't go home. - I said provoking his anger - Morgan, you have changed since you have these dreams. I feel like you don't love me anymore.

- I love you. - Morgan growled - Stop talking nonsense.

- Or what? - I said, pushing him further, challenging him - What are you going to do, Morgan?

Morgan clenched his fist so hard that I felt like he was going to break his arm.

................

Morgan didn't want to give in to anger. He didn't want to hurt Elena, but a small voice began to hum in his head:

- Morgy will kill Elena. Morgy will kill Elena.

.................

Morgan grabbed his head and shouted:

- Stop, leave me alone. - he fell to his knees crying - I do not want to kill her. I do not want to.

I slid over to him and tried to calm him down, but he pushed away from me, looking at me in fear.

- The poison and the antidote Peter gave you were a trick. They're trying to brainwash you. - I realized and grabbed Morgan pulling him - Morgan, look at me. These nightmares you dreamed of, were not real. They are trying to mind control you and make you kill me to lose all faith and desire for life.

Morgan swallowed nervously and grabbed his head again, screaming in pain. He began to sweat, and, until he surrendered to the will of the Mysterious Boss, he would not be left alone. I looked at the edge of the cliff and decided. I went to her and turned to see my beloved one.

- I'm going to throw myself now. If you catch me, it means you've overcome brainwashing and we will find a way to cure you. If you don't catch me, this ... is the end. - I said and looked down.

I took one foot closer to the precipice and closed my eyes, catching my breath. At least if I died, I knew my children were safe with Agatha, Rebecca, and Taylor, who would care about them. I moved one foot forward and slightly forward, no longer feeling the ground with my toes. One more step and it would be over.

I was about to move my leg forward when someone grabbed me and pulled me back. We fell to the ground, and I opened my eyes to see Morgan's worried eyes.

- You saved me. – I smiled happily as I couldn't hold my grin.

- Yeah, I saved you. – Morgan grinned too and wrapped his arms around me tighter – Never do this again. You scared me.

- That was the point. I knew you would save me. – I smiled and kissed his nose making him grumble – Now let's cure you.

.............

- NOOOOO. – the Mysterious boss yelled, tossing the tablet to the wall, breaking it in the process.

Peter felt himself shrinking when he saw that and looked at the door. Maybe if he run as fast as he could, he will be able to get out.

- Morgan and Elena, appeared to be much stronger than I thought. – the boss said, and Peter looked at the turned leather chair swallowing – Peter, we moved to Plan B.

- But Plan B is... - Peter started to refuse, but the boss yelled:

- I don't care.

- Yes, boss. – Peter said agreeing and walked away from the room feeling guilty.