16)

On the next morning, we all overslept. The kids slept up until 10 a.m. which wasn't usual for them. Only Charlie and Elijah woke up because they were hungry, but they were quite happy to continue their sleep in our bed.

Once all my family was dressed up, I led them to the kitchen where I was surprised by the rich choice for breakfast.

We took from everything a three-piece and we sat on the table where the kids tried from everything dividing the pieces.

- Here the food is amazing. - Morgan said amused.

- I agree with you. Can we live here? - I asked Morgan with pleading eyes.

- No, no don't use that. - Morgan refused to look at me because if he looked, he couldn't resist me.

- Morgan. - I pouted and he looked making a big mistake.

- Okay. Fine! - Morgan grumbled- We will have a family meeting and we will see.

- Hooray. - I laughed and leaned through the table to peck his lips.

The kids grumbled giggling slightly and I sat back.

- My favourite family. - Rebecca said coming with Ruby who was still rubbing her eyes sleepily and sat next to Morgan - How are you today?

The kids started talking simultaneously about how they loved the food, their rooms, the beds, the games yesterday, and so on. They even mentioned the prank they had done working as a team. They weren't here and two days and everyone knew their nickname - Team Trouble.

However, I became more and more convinced that they most often did the pranks for their loved ones, protecting them. They united together for a common cause, and that's exactly what Morgan and I wanted - despite where they come from and no matter if they are blood-related always stick together.

- I loved these kids. - Rebecca grinned looking at Morgan and me.

- Now that we had a good time, what we will do with Peter? - Morgan said angrily.

- I need one hour to make Truth serum and you two have to make him drink it in some way. - Rebecca answered.

- I can do it but I need alcohol. - Morgan smirked.

- Only one glass. - I said narrowing my eyebrow and Morgan nodded.

The kids went to play with the other kids, and I sat with the babies on the sofa as I could see how my kids were playing. Morgan had gone to help Rebecca with the serum.

Suddenly some people wearing guns entered the school. Everyone got scared and the kids run to me. They didn't hurt but they wanted Morgan and me.

- Ruby. - Emma cried realizing that her new friend is in danger, but I stopped before she runs somewhere.

- Stay here with your siblings, I will go search for Ruby and promise to bring her back. - I said trying to reassure her.

She nodded and I looked at the others. Except for searching for my kid's love interest, I had to find Morgan, but I wanted the kids to be safe.

- Hide in the near closet and stay there all of you. - I said.

I had put Charlie and Elijah in their baby seats and was easier for Jacob and Jason to caring them. They ran to the near closet. Hannah, Gabriel, Dylan, Emma, and Emily looked at me and I nodded at their pleading eyes to get back to them. They ran to their siblings and the door was closed.

I ran upstairs to the office when Morgan and Rebecca should be.

However, I heard crying from one room, and I entered seeing Ruby holding the backs of her crib. I took her in my hands, and she stopped. I wiped her cheeks and she smiled. I took her downstairs where my kids were hiding and walked upstairs once again to the office. I entered inside and someone grabbed me for the hand twisting making me grumble.