13)

I lay down on the bed with my hands around Morgan's waist. Our legs were tangled, and I had snuggled my head in his neck. I could feel his calm breathing and harmonious heartbeat.

I told him what Peter had said to be and Morgan still didn't believe the man. He does have a point in not trusting him and I understand his feelings towards him.

I tickled his abdomen around his tattoo, and I heard Morgan chuckle. He rubbed my back with his hand and said:

- What are you doing?

- Can't I tickle my husband? - I asked innocently and put my head on the pillow staring at Morgan.

- I don't have a tickle. - Morgan smiled cunningly.

- I know but I am still trying to find one. I won't give up. - I said triumphantly like I was going to war.

- I may not have one, but you do have one. - Morgan replied smirking and started to tickle me.

I burst into a laugh and tried to stop him. He stopped torturing me and kissed me.

- Do you believe Peter? - Morgan asked looking at me.

- Not so much, but he was truthful. You had to see how depressed and devastated he was. You won't believe it. - I answered him.

- He can be lying to us once again. - Morgan mentions.

- I was thinking the same thing in the beginning, but then I realized he can't just reproduce all this emotion just like that no matter how big a manipulator he is. – I explained causing Morgan sighed laying down once again and I lay down on top of him – Do you trust me?

- Always. – Morgan answered without thinking.

- Then you have to believe me that something is wrong here. – I said.

Morgan nodded and I leaned forward kissing him. He smiled through my kiss, and he returns it.

After a short make-out session, we walked downstairs where Agatha had made breakfast. This time she made only waffles. Before she did two or three things and the kids even if they were happy about that, this wasn't healthy. Agatha agreed to do only one thing and now it was Waffles Day as she called it.

- Mhm, yummy. - Morgan said trying one of them.

- You are like a small child, Morgan. I sometimes even think that you are the biggest child here and Elena just married you. - Agatha thought and that made Morgan scoff while I laugh.

Soon the kids were awake and while I and Morgan fed Charlie and Elijah with a bottle of milk, the rest were eating waffles and watching some cartoons.

Agatha was putting food for Bella, but suddenly I heard a sniper and I jumped scared holding Charlie closer to me. Jacob, Jason, Hannah, Gabriel, Dylan, Emma and Emily jumped scared and hide behind me and Morgan.

- In the panic room. – Morgan yelled and gave me Elijah.

One more shot was hurt, but this time all of us hide behind the table. I ran into the living room and to the panic room. I turned and saw Jacob, Jason and Hannah running to me. Between every shot, we had 5 seconds reloading and we have to be fast. Gabriel and Dylan showed up after the next gunshot and Morgan with Emma and Emily in his arms was last. We entered inside and I put Charlie and Elijah on the bed and turned, realizing Morgan didn't enter the room.

- Morgan, don't do it. – I begged him.

- Sorry, but I don't want to lose my family. – Morgan answered me and closed the door.

I ran to the door and try to open it but without success.

- I am scared. – Dylan cried.

- Me too. – Jacob, Jason, Hannah, and Gabriel cried after him.

- Hug. – Emma and Emily yelped holding their hands.

I kneeled and held my hands, seven kids immediately run to me hugging me scared. I heard a few more gunshots and I was determined to exit to help Morgan. I was able to exit after ten minutes of trying to open the door and I left the kids inside locking up once again.

I walked into the living room where I saw Morgan fighting with two men at once. I noticed that the third man was standing up and pointing a gun towards Morgan, but I kicked it from his hands and hit the man. He fell on the ground unconscious, and I focus my attention again on my husband. He succeeded to push one of the men and I hit him with the knife he dropped near my legs. The moment the last person dropped to the ground, I ran to Morgan.

- Are you hurt? – I asked terrified.

- I am okay. – Morgan said tired but out of a sudden, he fell on the ground barely conscious.

- Morgan. – I cried kneeling on top of him and I grabbed his head rubbing his cheek – Morgan, stay with me, please.

Morgan closed his eyes, but he was still alive, and I looked at his body for any wounds, but I didn't find anything on his body.

However, then I noticed a trace of an injection in his neck. He was poisoned with something. I stood up and put my hands under his armpits, lifting him and dragging him to the infirmary. I put him to bed and put a heartbeat monitor on him. I was about to take blood to see what he was poisoned with when Agatha came in. She was wounded in the shoulder, but when she noticed Morgan, she forgot about everything and ran to us.

- Get the kids out of the panic room. I will take care of it. - she said.

- I won't leave him. - I shook my head.

- You can't leave the kids in the panic room. I will handle Morgan. - she said.

I agreed and went to get the kids out. They were scared and I made sure they are relaxed as they finished their breakfast. I was just going to go and see what is going on with Morgan when he appeared. I went to him and wrapped my arms around him holding him like he was going to fall.

- I am okay, Elena. – Morgan smiled.

- Can I try something, and you will be completely honest with me? – I asked him, remembering that he was poisoned which prevent me from kissing him on the lips.

Morgan nodded and I kissed him, but the moment I thought that this wasn't the same poison, Morgan leaned back holding for the stomach. He took a sharp breath, managing to deal with the pain, but that didn't calm me down.

- How is this even possible? I thought that only Logan's family know how to make this serum. – I said.

- I don't know, but that hurts more than before. – Morgan said, his face showing only pain.

Hearing that I took his hand and led him to the sofa where he could sit. I helped him to lie down and he immediately bring his knees to his chest groaning in pain. I touched his cheek and I noticed he starts to heat up.

- This is much worse than the last one. – I agreed with his early statement – Stay here. I will bring cold compresses and something to ease your pain.

Morgan nodded nauseously and I ran to the kitchen putting in a bowl of cold water. I took a towel and went back to my husband. He hadn't moved, but he was burning even more now. I soaked the towel in the cold water and placed it on his forehead.

I heard small footsteps and saw the children approaching, confused and anxious.

- What's wrong with Dad? - Hannah asked.

- A little sick. - I explained and looked at them - Jacob, Jason, can you go to the infirmary and take medicine for abdominal pain? It is located on the first shelf in a white cabinet with damaged ornaments on it. - the boys nodded and went - Gabriel and Dylan, find me towels like this. - I pointed to the one I was now holding on to Morgan's forehead and the boys ran away too - Hannah go with Emma and Emily and bring Charlie and Elijah here.

Girls nodded and followed my instruction. I looked at Morgan, who smiled proudly. I smiled back and turned the towel over, putting it back on his forehead.

- Just hold on, okay? - I asked him.

- It is easy to be said. – Morgan mumbled in low voice.