22)

I rubbed his cheek and smiled seeing him calm. It took us two hours or more to get Morgan back to his previous self, but the result was amazing.

Morgan spent the next few hours sleeping while I played with the children or watched a movie in the room. I wanted to be sure that he had no nightmares and the children agreed to stay in the room watching movies. We did a whole marathon of their favourite series until they fall asleep. So, I turned off the TV and let them sleep, while I lay down with Morgan.

I leaned down kissing his lips and he stirred slightly but was still asleep.

- You know you're very cute when you sleep. I don't know what you're thinking, but I want you to think about me. - I whispered near his ear - How we spend time together when the children are gone.

I felt Morgan's breath get sharper for a second and stepped back to see that he was awake. He smiled slyly and said:

- And then I was the hormonal one?

- Well, you are. – I said and tickled him, but he didn't laugh – Now do you want to spend time with your family?

- I want that, but I like here in the bed. – he said and snuggle in me, hiding his face in my chest, making me laugh – For the first time in a few days, I didn't have nightmares. I want to enjoy the moment.

Suddenly Bella jumped on the bed and started licking Morgan and me.

- I thought she is outside. – Morgan laughed while pushing the dog.

- Well, she is a smart dog and can teleport. – I said and pet her behind the ear making her sit as she barked happily – See, she loves me more than you.

- Oh, my God. What a tragedy! – Morgan said with feigned horror and opened his mouth in surprise.

I rolled my eyes and saw that my cuties were moving.

- Dad. - Hannah shouted, seeing her father, and ran.

Morgan stood up from bed and grabbed her, swirling her air to make her laugh. Jacob, Jason, Gabriel, and Dylan ran to him, hugged him, and began talking over each other about how they had protected us, girls. Morgan laughed and knelt, hugging Emma and Emily. I smiled as I stood up and went to the baby baskets where Charlie was already reaching out to pick her up while Elijah was still yawning. I took my daughter and handed her to Morgan, who stood behind me. She giggled like a baby and hugged him. I took our youngest boy who finally woke up and he hugged me.

- Who wants to spend some time outside? – Morgan grinned.

- Can we play football? – Jacob asked.

- No, no. I want to play Nerf war. – Dylan suggested.

- That's a good idea. We can use the boxes outside like spots for hiding. – Jason agreed.

- Kids versus parents. The winner decides on dinner. – Gabriel chuckled.

- Do we have a deal? - Hannah asked, smiling slyly just like her siblings.

Morgan looked at me and I thought about options. We would lose 100% but there is no fun without risk.

- We have a deal, but I have a few rules. – I said.

- Not funny mom. – Emma pouted.

- Listen. – Emily grumbled and smiled sweetly at me.

- Rule number one – No tricks or making traps. Fair play. Rule number two - If your little sister or brother needs a diaper change, there is a break. No shooting. Third rule - No swearing or bad words. - I looked at Morgan - That applies to you, too. - I looked back at my seven children - Do you accept the rules?

They looked at each other for a second before nodding and looking at me again.

We walked outside and kids wore protective bulletproof vests and goggles or masks, while Morgan and I had only our dignity. With Morgan and Charlie and Elijah, who were in their baby baskets, we stood behind some boxes that were lined up like a big wall. Jacob, Jason, Hannah, Gabriel, Dylan, Emma and Emily were hiding behind the other wall in front of us.

The shooting began and I have to admit that for, two toddlers, one preschool and four school age, the kids were very good at shooting and aiming. The game continues and it was clear that I and Morgan are losing. We also had a small break so I can change the diapers of the babies and the kids used this to collect their nerf bullets. Morgan did the same thing.

We continue the game, but suddenly I heard yelling from inside and my instincts that something was wrong turned on. Morgan walked inside carefully with me following holding the baby baskets and the other kids behind me.

I saw Rebecca holding Ruby who was sobbing while Taylor was laying on the ground with blood on his shirt. To my greatest shock, Agatha stood in front of Taylor with a gun pointed at him. It didn't take me long to realize that she had been brainwashed.

- Exactly you, I need. - she said, smiling slyly.

- What do you want from us? - Morgan asked, motioning for me behind the couch.

I understood very well and put Charlie and Elijah behind the couch, but they immediately grumbled, feeling the tension. I pushed the rest of our children and made them sit down and cover their ears singing their favourite song. They listened to me, and I stood behind Morgan again.

- Very good idea to hide the children. They just won't see me kill you. - Agatha spoke and aimed the gun at me and Morgan - Who should I hurt?

With my peripheral vision, I saw that Rebecca had left Ruby with my children and leaned over Taylor. Making sure her husband was well, she jumped, pushing her mother. Morgan jumped, grabbing the fallen pistol, but Agatha had a second. I heard two gunshots and I immediately grabbed Morgan before he fell to the ground. I fell to the ground with him and pressed the wound. It was in his stomach, but it was too close to his heart.

- Morgan. - I said scared, but he was still conscious and looked at the others.

I followed his gaze and saw Agatha on the ground with a wound on her chest. I saw her shed a tear and say:

- I'm sorry.

Those were her last words. I looked back at Morgan and pressed the wound, saying:

- Just hold on, please.