Chapter 27

Text Messages:

The Boyz

T-man ~ Our parents r going to ask u all what u think we should do about the guy who was goin the wrong way > 11:36 am

T-man ~ Tell them u want to the guy > 11:36 am

K-slut ~ ?? > 11:37 am

Tweekers ~ U wannt to meet teh guy?????? > 11:37 am

T-man ~ Yah, I want to know what fuck he was doing and y the fuck he covered it up > 11:38 am

Stoon ~ wut would that solve > 11:40 am

T-man ~ nothin > 11:40 am

Btubs ~ I'm so confused then > 11:41 am

T-man ~ I want information > 11:41 am

T-man ~ Maybe we record him, I just feel like all the other solutions our parents have arent goign to give us what we need 11:42 am

C-lo ~ I'm in, i think that plan is exactly what we need > 11:43 am

K-slut ~ Aright i in too > 11:46 am

Tweekers ~ okahy I guessss > 11:46am

Btubs ~ okie I'll do it > 11:47 am

Stoon ~ u guys can do that i still not moving > 11:50 am

End Texts:

Tweek was now sitting outside of Craig's room on the floor, Kenny was sitting next to him. 

Tweek: "You think this plan will work?"

Kenny: "I mean it's not really a plan, it doesn't really solve anything. It just gives us more info."

Tweek: "True -- I'm nervous though, what do you think he'll be like?"

Kenny: "Don't know, don't care. I just want to see that lying bastard's face and maybe punch him."

Tweek: "Please don't do that!"

Kenny: "No promises, don't know what this conversation'll be like."

Tweek nodded. After a few minutes, Kenny's and Tweek's parents came and found them. They tried to separate them and move away from Craig's room but neither budged. The parents sighed in defeat and told them more or less what Token's parents were told, and just like him the two answered them with wanting to meet the senator.

With Butter's and Clyde's answers as well, all the parents agreed. Gerald privately contacted the senators office and arranged a meeting. 

Later that night..

Everyone gathered  in a more private meeting room without windows. Token, Token's parents, Clyde, Clyde's dad, Stan's parents, Kyle's parents, Tweek, Tweek's mom,  Butters, Butters' parents, Kenny, Kenny's dad, and Craig's dad. They all sat around the table with the Senator, his lawyer, and his wife at the end of it. It looked like this giant group of people against one man.

Senator Bennet: *cleats throat  "Hello everyone, I understand that you know something about my accident up on the mountain.

The whole room stayed quiet. Most were staring daggers at the senator and some were nervous. Token led this group he sat closest to the senator and kept a blank face, void of emotion. 

Lawyer: *clears throat  "With all do respect everyone, this is a waste of my client's time. If you have something to discuss with Mr. Bennet please -- speak."

Token: "I'm sure Mr. Broflovski already showed you the pictures and you obviously know who we are or you wouldn't have come. You were drunk going the wrong way on Big Foot road and you almost killed us. You made -- me almost kill us."

Lawyer: "Do not answer that. Are you all pressing charges because if that is the case we will not be speaking any further and we shall see you all in court."

Token: "We might. We might not."

The senator's lawyer went to speak but the senator put his hand up.

Senator Bennet: "Okay, so what would you like to discuss."

Token: "Why?"

Lawyer: "DO NOT ANSWER THAT! We should go, clearly this is a conversation for court!"

Token: "Why, are you scared that a bunch of middle of no where, rocky mountain, nobodies will destroy your image or your job? Do you honestly think that I or any other of my friends give a shit about who you are?! The only thing you are to us is the guy who made ME ALMOST A MURDERER!"

The room was quiet. The lawyer simply stared at Token, the senator's wife let one tear fall from her face, and the senator took a big gulp.

Token: "AND ALMOST IS STILL NOT THE RIGHT WORD BECAUSE RIGHT NOW MY VERY GOOD FRIENDS THAT ARE STILL IN COMAS BARLEY HOLDING ON MIGHT DIE!! -- *shaky deep breath  You made me almost kill my friends and you still might. All of these people and some you don't see are grieving the circumstances that has been bestowed onto their kids."

Tweek: *crying  "We-we are only six-teen *hic  we are fin-ally going to pr---prom for the f-first time."

The senator adjusted his tie nervously and his wife started to cry for real. 

Token: "We just want to know why? Why were you drunk? Party too hard? Had a fight with the Mrs? Job too hard? Too much fun with hookers and blow?"

Senator Bennet: "Excuse me?"

Kenny: "JUST WHY! WHY DID YOU DO THIS! WHY --*chokes up -- why -- *crying -- why did you do this to my friends? We just want some sort of closure. We just want to put this all behind us!"

Token: "Senator. No one in this room gives a single fuck about you, I just want to know why and I just want to know why not be truthful, why hurt us even more?"

The senator's wife wipes the tears away and stands up aggressively.

Senator's Wife: "BECAUSE HE'S A DRUNK! THERE IS NO ANSWER, THERE IS NOTHING DEEP ABOUT IT! HE LIKES TO GO UP TO THAT MOUNTAIN EVERY WEEKEND AND DRINK HIMSELF TO ALMOST DEATH AND THEN HE DRIVES HOME GOING THE WRONG WAY AND HE ALMOST KILLS A BUNCH OF HIGH SCHOOL KIDS! I AM SO FED UP WITH THIS!"

Senator: "Susan, just be quiet now!"

Susan: "FUCK YOU MICHAEL! I KNEW ONE DAY YOU WOULD HURT SOMEONE WITH YOUR DRUNK BULLSHIT! MICHAEL you hurt and are killing a bunch of kids! IF THEY DON'T GO TO THE AUTHORITIES OR MEDIA THEN I WILL AND I WILL TELL THEM EVERY TIME YOU DRUNK DROVE AND I'LL TELL THEM ABOUT HOW YOU MADE ME LIE AND KEEP MY MOUTH SHUT ABOUT HITTING A BUNCH OF SIXTEEN YEAR OLD BOYS! SO FESS UP MICHEAL BECAUSE AT THIS POINT IT WILL BE THE ONLY THING YOU CAN DO!"

At this point every person in the room including his lawyer, were in shock and awe. The senator finally shook himself together. He gulped hard and adjusted his tie anxiously.

Senator Bennet: "Fine, I will come clean. --- I am truly sorry."

Token: "Your sorry means nothing to us."

Token stood up and so did everyone else. They all started to exit the room. The senator's wife stood there annoyed waiting for their lawyer and for the senator to gather their things and leave.

Tweek: *slightly crying  "Thank you, I know it must be hard but -- the love of my life is dyeing and I need something good to happen."

Susan: *crying  "I'm so sorry."

Tweek looked back at them sadly. The next day it was all over the news, Senator Bennet has a drinking problem and has caused him to almost kill a bunch of high schoolers. He is being charged with several DWIs from priors and charged criminally for causing severe harm to others. If Craig or Kyle die, he will be charged with vehicular manslaughter. Oh god please don't let it come to that!