Chapter 35

2 days later...

Laura sat with her son. It had been 2 days since his surgery and 2 days of no change and no information. Laura sighed as Thomas and Tricia entered the room. 

Tricia: "Mom why don't we get some food at the cafeteria? We could take a breath and take a break."

Laura looked to her and smiled.

Laura: "You're right sweetie, let's go."

She stands up and exits the room with them. Before leaving fully, Thomas takes one more look at his son and frowns. It's not working. It's time. A few hours went by, the black void of the world started to disappear and there was some sort of light at the ends of it. The light started to get bigger and objects came into view. The end of a hospital bed, an outdated tv in the corner of the room, a door way leading out to what looks like a check in desk, and -- wait I'm choking.

Cccttt. Chcccrrtt. Cccaccaaccttt.

There's something in my throat. I want it out.

Hands came into view slowly going to grab at the tube. No matter what the hands did, the tube wouldn't come out. Suddenly, there was a loud beeping. Tilting allowed for more things to be in view a chair, an IV stand with lots of bags of various liquids with tubes coming from each down to the arms connected to the hands, and finally the source of the sound a heart machine. Panic was setting in due to the tube that was being choked on, it was causing the heart rate to raise. Breathing was hard due to the tube and the choking but also lots of cold air was entering the lungs.

Finally someone entered, a woman in scrubs and a someone in scrubs and a white coat. 

Doctor: "Hold on hun, we are going to get the tube out."

The person put on some latex gloves and started doing something to the tube. It felt weird and uncomfortable but the person got it out. Breathing was a little bit better but was still incredibly hard. The person after removing the tube, put new tubes up to the nose  and an oxygen mask placed in the left hand. 

Doctor: "Can you speak hun?"

?: *low raspy voice  "Y-yes."

Doctor: "Can you tell me your name"

?: *low raspy voice  "U-um, --- yeah, Craig --- Craig Tucker."

Doctor: "Excellent. Do you know who the current president is?"

Craig: "Joe Biden. I think."

Doctor: "Yes, do you know who your mom is?"

Craig: "U-umm, --- Laura Tucker is my mom, --- Thomas Tucker is my dad, and --- Tricia Tucker is my sister. I -- I call her Ruby. --- Are they okay? Were they in the same accident as -- me?"

Doctor: "That is correct and no they were not in the accident. Just a few more questions and we can talk about the accident. Where do you live?"

Craig: "South -- Park. 1010 Minor Street."

Doctor: "Yes, what school do you go to?"

Craig: "Um -- *shaky breath -- South Park High."

Doctor: "Okay, what's the last thing you remember?"

Craig took another shaky breath and looked straight up at the ceiling. The last thing I remember? What happened? How did I end up in the hospital? Think, think, think dammit!

Do you know what's worth fighting for

When it's not worth dying for?

Does it take your breath away

And you feel yourself suffocating?

Arriving at --- Token's house, --- Tweek --- and Clyde --- they are in the car. They all get out and greet Token, they help him load their stuff and other stuff into the trunk. Another car rolls up, it stops, --- Kyle --- Kenny --- Butters --- and Stan --- exit the car and greet everyone. Tweek --- he is worried about the snow and ice. Token reassures him. 

Does the pain weigh out the pride?

And you look for a place to hide? 

Did someone break your heart inside?

You're in ruins

Everyone is in the SUV, Token is driving. The vehicle makes its way up a mountain, driving for hours. The heater is on, Tweek he is --- so close and --- small --- and cute. Everyone is talking, it's too much. Earphones are put on.

 One, twenty one guns

Token peeks back at everyone and the road behind.

Lay down your arms

There is a bright light in front of the vehicle. That's -- wrong.

Give up the fight 

Clyde he yells.

One, twenty one guns

Token swerves, its swerves right off the edge of a short bluff.

Throw up your arms into the sky,

The right side smashes into the ground. It flies into the air and spins. It lands upside down on the roof. It bounces up again and comes down on the right side again. Does one more turn in the air --

You and I

Darkness. 

Craig: "*big gulp  A car going the wrong way. --- We swerved off the side of a short canyon. *eyes widened in shock  Tweek! Token! Clyde! Kenn--"

Doctor: "It's okay hun, they're all okay. Kyle will be discharged tomorrow, I'm glad you are awake. I'm glad that you can remember. I'm going to go find your parents okay, then we will run some tests to see how you're really doing."

Craig nods and the doctor exits the room. He stares back up to the ceiling and frowns. 

I want to see Tweek.