Chapter 28

Next day...

Kenny closed his locker door, there was a huge group of people gathered around. Token, Clyde, Butters, and Tweek were standing with him as the crowd was formed around all of them. Kenny wasn't listening but he knew what they were saying.

I can't believe it was the senator. Do you guys have to talk to the police? Will you have to go to court? Did you guys talk to him? Did you punch him? Do you hate him? What's Kyle's condition? What's Craig's condition? Are they going to die? How are you all holding up? How are you all feeling? How are you feeling? How are you feeling? HOW ARE YOU FEELING?

The other guys just bull shitted some stuff to make them all happy. Kenny was starting to get really fed up. Suddenly, Wendy pushed through the crowd to be front and center with the guys.

Wendy: "Please Token, how is Stan? I heard he is still at the hospital, I thought he was getting better. Please what happened? Is he okay? Can I see him?"

Token: "Well--"

Bang!

The whole crowd turned to Kenny who punched his locker with his slinged hand as hard as he could. It was bruised and slightly bleeding, his shoulder hurt worse. He put his arm back into the sling and held it in pain.

Kenny: *huff  "WENDY PLEASE -- SHUT -- THE FUCK -- UP!! STAN HASN'T DATED OR TALKED TO YOU IN FIVE YEARS! IS HE OKAY, NO! THE LOVE OF HIS LIFE IS DYING AND HE CAN'T EVEN LEAVE HIS SIDE OR HE'LL KILL HIMSELF. THIS IS JUST YOUR ATTEMPT TO WHAT!? GET BACK TOGETHER!? THE WORLD DOESN'T FUCKING REVOLVE AROUND YOU SO FUCK OFF!! AND TO ALL OF YOU PEOPLE SWARMING US LIKE A BUNH OF FUCKING GNATTS, FUCK OFF! STOP ASKING IF WE'RE OKAY BECAUSE THE ANSER IS NO! OF COURSE NOT! WE WERE IN A HORRIBLE CAR ACCIDENT AND OUR FRIENDS ARE DYING. SO PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE STOP ASKING HOW WE ARE FEELING!"

Mr. Mackey: "KENNETH MCCORMICK! IN MY OFFICE NOW!"

Everyone was silent and staring at Kenny in shock. Tweek was looking at him with sadness he knew Kenny was starting to get annoyed with everything, they all were struggling to be okay. Kenny looked around the crowd in anger as tears started to form but before they could release, he pushed through the crowd toward Mr. Mackey.

The bell rang and they all dispersed awkwardly to class. Kenny entered Mr. Mackey's office and sat down. Mr. Mackey had become the high school's counselor a while back, he thought it would be calmer than elementary. Oh boy was he wrong. Kenny wiped the tears from his eyes and sniffled. Mr. Mackey didn't enter the room, he stood in the hallway making sure all the students went to class. Once the late bell rang, he entered his office and sat down at his desk not even acknowledging Kenny. 

After what felt like an eternity, Mr. Mackey handed Kenny a box of tissues and an ice pack. Kenny looked up teary eyed, and surprised. The counselor looked at him with sad eyes, he knew this was all hard for them. Hell, he's known these kids for years. 

Mr. Mackey: "I know you're feeling angry and -- devastated."

Devastated. That's the word.

Mr. Mackey: "All this spotlight and the constant -- support, can be too much for some people during these hard times, M'kay. But it's not good to keep it all bottled up, what happened today, M'kay, can't happen again, M'kay. So please Kenny, if you need to talk you can talk to me, M'kay? Go see the nurse when you're feeling better, M'kay?"

Kenny just starred at the man, he understood what he was saying but he couldn't deal with everything right now. He nodded to please the man and left his office. He made his way down the hallway to the nurse's office.

Devastated. That's how I'm feeling.