Chapter 39

The day of Aonung becoming chief had arrived.

Both Tìyawn and Aonung were getting ready together.
Aonung was putting a necklace on Tìyawn, "this was my grandmothers. Past down to my mother and now to you."
Tìyawn smiles, "I'm really grateful but, it belongs to your mother."

"You will now be Tsahìk so it will belong to you now" Aonung says, tying the necklace up from the back.
"But it has been with your mother for a very long time" Tìyawn says.
"And now she wants you to have it Tìyawn. Do not feel bad. Consider it a gift from us" Aonung says to her.

She sighs and nods and then turns to look at Aonung, how had half his hair out and half in a bun, like his father.
"I think I did a good job with your hair" Tìyawn says to him as she admires him.

"You do a good job at everything" Aonung kisses her cheek.

"Sister! Aonung! I'm ready!" Spider runs in, showing his outfit that Ronal had made for him. A cloak, a tinier version of what Aonung would be wearing.
Aonung gasps and picks him up, "you look amazing!"

"I'm going to be like you!" Spider says excitedly.
Ronal walks in seeing Aonung and Tìyawn.
She looks at Tìyawn with happy tears in her eyes, as she walks to her and cups one of her cheeks, "my mother would be so happy to see a woman like you become Tsahìk."

She sees the necklace that Tìyawn has on, "it looks perfect on you."
"You look really pretty" Spider says.
She smiles at Spider and then looks at Ronal, "Thankyou. For gifting this to me."

Ronal smiles back at her and then looks at Aonung, feeling even more teary.
"Mother please don't" Aonung says, trying not to make himself cry.
Ronal wipes her eyes and laughs, "I'm just so proud of you. It feels like just yesterday I was feeding you with my own hands, and now you're a grown man, with the perfect mate, and becoming chief. I'm so proud of you son."

Despite not trying to, it still bought tears to Aonung's eyes. Happy tears of course.
Ronal comes forward to wipe his eyes, "do not."
He smiles and nods.
Aonung then looks to Tìyawn.

"It's time to go" Aonung says.
Tìyawn nods, "I will be out in just a moment."
Ronal leaves first, followed by Aonung who is holding Spider.

Tìyawn pulls out a box and opens it.
It has Mo'at's cloak in there.
She holds it up and smiles.
-
Tìyawn walks out shortly afterwards, seeing eveyone make their way towards the sea.
She walks to go and join them.
Neytiri turns around and sees her. She smiles and pats Jake, telling him to look back.

He looks back and there Tìyawn was standing, wearing the read cloak that belonged to Mo'at.
Both Jake and Neytiri looked at her proudly.
She smiled and nodded before walking past, to go and join Aonung.

She stands next to him and Aonung turns around to see her.
He looks at her and smiles, "She'd be very proud of you."
Tìyawn nods, "I know."

Tìyawn looks forward, seeing Rotxo, Kiri and the others standing together.
Rotxo puts his thumbs up, "you look great guys!"
Tìyawn laughs and blows a kiss to him.

She looks back at Aonung and can see he's nervous.
Tìyawn holds onto his hand and makes him look at her, "you will be great. I promise."
He nods and smiles, "with you by my side, I never doubted it."

"It's nice to see them together. They make each other happy" Raya says, looking at Aonung and Tìyawn.
"They have bought the best out of each other" Rotxo says, looking proud.
"It would be nice to have something like that one day" Raya says and smiles.

Tsireya holds onto Raya's hand, "when the right person comes, you will."
Neteyam joins them, "I'm not late am I?"
"No. You're right on time" Lo'ak looks at him and shakes his head.