Chapter 46

Jake and Neytiri come towards Ronal's marui, seeing Aonung stood outside.

"Aonung what's going on?" Jake walks to him, "what happened to Tìyawn?"

"The baby is hurt. My mother is having a look at it" Aonung says.

Jake and Neytiri look at each other in shock, not knowing what to say.

"How did this happen?" Jake asks.

"She was pushed. By Àteyo" Aonung says, looking down.

"I'm going to kill him" Jake is about to walk away but Aonung stops him.

"He's gone. I kicked him out" Aonung says.

"Good riddance" Jake mutters and then looks at Aonung, seeing him stressed.

"It's going to be okay" he pats Aonung on the shoulder.

Aonung shakes his head no, "it is not. I just have a feeling it is not. I should have been there before. To prevent this from happening. I just."

He puts his palm over his eyes, taking a big sigh.

"Aonung. This is not your fault" Neytiri tries to comfort him, "And Tìyawn is strong. She will be okay."

Ronal walks out, causing Aonung to move his hand from his eyes and stand up, looking at Ronal.

She smiles at him, "Tìyawn and the baby are okay. It is just that the push had put pressure on the baby, and Tìyawn is very weak, so" Ronal pauses as she looks at Jake and Neytiri and back to Aonung, "But she will be okay, she just needs to rest."

"I keep telling her to eat properly. To look after herself. But she's always overworking herself and not eating enough because of her weight. I just, I don't know what to do" Aonung looks at his mother stressed.

"Why didn't you tell us any of this?" Jake says to him.

"She did not want me to tell anyone because she felt it was unnecessary for you to worry about nothing" Aonung says, "now I regret that. Because she is so weak, she is going through so much pain."

They're silent for a moment until Ronal lets out a sigh.

"Go inside Aonung. Go and see her. She needs you" Ronal says to him.

He nods and walks in.

Aonungs sees her laying down with a blanket over her.

"Tìyawn?" He calls out.

She lifts her head up and smiles, "you came."

"You called" Aonung looked back at her and smiled.

But deep down inside, he was hurt.

Seeing her lay there, weak and unable to move properly.

He kneels down next to her, holding onto her hand.

She looks at him, her eyes slightly closed.

"Aonung I'm sorry. This is my fault" Tìyawn says.

He shakes his head, "Tìyawn do not. Do not blame yourself. You couldn't have known he would push you."

"I know but, he is Àteyo. I should have known something was to happen. I should have just took Spider and walked away" Tìyawn gives him a half hearted smile.

She sighs, her eyes flickering.

"I guess I'm just starting to forget that being pregnant means I don't have the energy that I did before" Tìyawn laughs.

Aonung smiles and nods.

They go silent again, as Aonung takes her hand that he's holding, bringing it towards him and kissing it, then keeping it by his cheek.