CHAPTER THIRTY

Act 2-Chapter 9: Memories

The drive home was quiet. They all sat in silence, not even the sound of the radio. It was quite a quick ride back to the Byers house, their place of meeting. The vine drawings were still plastered around the house, which nobody questioned. Hopper was on the phone talking to the military. Will was laying on one of the sofas with Johnathan and Nancy standing by him. Avery was sat in the kitchen with the party.  After a few minutes, Hopper angrily put the phone down.

"They didn't believe you did they?" Dustin asked. 

"We'll see," Hopper sighed.

"'We'll see'? We can't just sit here while those things are on the loose!" Mike shouted.

 "We stay here, and we wait for help," Hopper told them, walking off.

They all stayed silent, not knowing what to say or do next. Mike stood up and picked up one of the puzzles that Bob brought the day before. Before he knew about anything. About the Upside Down or the demogorgon. 

"Do you guys know that Bob was the original founder of Hawkins AV?" Mike asked, asmiring the cube puzzle. 

"Really?" Lucas replied.

"He petitioned the school to start it and everything. Then he had a fund-raiser for equiptment. Mr. Clarke learned everything from him," Mike explained walking back over to them, "Pretty awesome, right?"

"Yeah," Dustin, Lucas and Avery agreed.

Mike placed the puzzle on the table and said, "We can't let him die in vain."

"What do you wanna do Mike?" Dustin asked, "The chief's right on this. We can't stop those Demo-dogs on our own!"

"Demo-dogs?" Avery laughed.

"Demogorgon dogs," Dustin explained, "Demo-dogs. It's like a compound. It's like a play on words-"

"Okay," Max interupted.

"I mean when it was just Dart, maybe," Dustin began.

"But there's an army now," Lucas interupted.

"Precisely," Dustin finished.

"His army," Mike said.

"What do you mean?" Steve Harrington asked. (A/N: think this is the first time Steve has been introduced ngl)

"His army," Mike repeated, "Maybe if we stop him, we can stop his army to!"

Mike ran into Will's room and picked up the picture that Will drew of the shadow monster.

"The shadow monster," Dustin said.

"It got Will that day on the field. The doctor said it was like a virus, it infected him," Mike explained.

"And so this virus, it's connecting him to the tunnels?" Max asked.

"To the tunnels, monsters, the Upside Down, everything!" Mike told them all.

"Whoa! Slow down. Slow done," Steve demanded.