CHAPTER THIRTY SIX

Act 3~Chapter 4: Shopping trip

Throughout the entire night, Avery was lying in bed, thinking about why Mike did and said what he did. The two had been getting along perfectly until that afternoon, only the occasional little argument here and there over nothing. That morning she had gotten another call, once again her mother and older brother, were at work, leaving the twins. Will was in his room egtting ready so Avery went over and answered it.

"Hello?" She asked.

"Hey Ava, it's Mike again," the voice on the other end of the line said with a smile.

"What's up?" Avery asked annoyed that he was acting completely normal.

"I was wondering if you wanted to come over again?" he questioned.

"I can't. I'm... busy," she lied.

"Oh, ok," he replied slightly upset. Mike said bye to her and she hung up. She was slightly annoyed that he wsa acting so normal so she decided to call Max for advice. A few minutes later, when she had eaten and was ready for the day, she called her. Throuout the eight months that Max and Avery had known each other, they had gotten along very well.

"Hello?" Max said from the other side of the phone.

"Hey Max, It'sa Ava," she said, "Could you come over? I reallly need to talk."

"Sure, I'll be over in ten," Max replied, hanging up after the two said bye.

After hanging up, Avery decided to call Eleven. She knew that Hopper was busy today with work so she would be alone and El had also learnt a lot about Avery in their two years of friendship so she may be able to help to. El had accepted the offer to come over and told her she would be there in a few minutes.

■◻■◻■◻■◻■◻■◻■◻■◻■◻

Just as what the two had said, they had arroved at the Byers house after a few minutes. The three were in Avery's room, Avery and El sat on the bed and Max pacing around, bering told everything thhhat had happened the afternoon before.

"Then he called me this morning and acted as if nothing had happened," Avery said, finishing her explanation.

"He's a piece of shit," Max replied, "Mike is clearly so stupid that he can't even realise he pissed off his own girlfriend. He's clearly just pretending that everything is okay."

"But friends don't lie," El spoke up.

"Yeah, well boyfriends lie," Max told her, "A lot."

"Here's what you're gonna do," Max began, sitting next to Avery on the bed, "You're gonna ignore his calls. As far as your concerned, he doesn't exist."

"Doesn't exist? I don't know Max, sure he pissed me off but he's still been my best friend for like ten years," Avery told her.

"Yes!" Max replied, "he treated you like garbage, so you're gonna treat him like garbage. Give him a taste of his own medicine."

"Yeah! Okay!" Avery smiled.

"Oh! And if he doesn't fix this, if he doesn't explain himself," Max started, "You dump his ass!"