23. Family Time

Seonghwa stuck around Wooyoung for a while to make sure he was comfortable now. The gryphon-born threw a few jabs at Aodhán, threatening to hide him in a rabbit hole if he took up too much of Seonghwa's time. When Seonghwa chuckled and kissed his cheek, his competitive husband melted into his embrace.

"I want to be held by you... Can we? It's been so long and I miss you." Pouting, Wooyoung cosied up against Seonghwa's side, hanging on to him with his weight. Playful fingers pulled back coyly to offer more space for Seonghwa to grab for his waist. Indulging him, Seonghwa pressed his nose into Wooyoung's messy hair.

"Wait some more, darling. I miss you as well, but my body is still tender."

"Stupid baby, taking everything away from us," Wooyoung grumbled. He softened when Seonghwa grasped his chin with two fingers to press an innocent peck to his kiss.

"Soon. I will remember your request. That part of me will be ready sooner than the rest."

Superior, Wooyoung glanced at Yunho and Hongjoong. While he looked forward to his triumph, Seonghwa guided him to sit with the others at the meal they prepared. Distracted, the gryphon-born directed his attention at Yeosang and Jongho.

"How is your pet doing?"

"We've been thinking about giving her life. Though we adore her as she is, something is missing. We thought about it before, regarding Buddy, but now that Aodhán is here, we feel even stronger."

Seonghwa hesitated where he had been about to gather Hongjoong from his wanderings so they could eat together. He accepted the sweet roll Wooyoung handed to him and caressed behind his ears in gratitude. Eyes fluttering shut, the gryphon-born lolled into the touch.

"As if she were your child?" Seonghwa asked, endeared by the vision. Jongho and Yeosang were special in that regard, the concept of children and pets foreign to their races. Though it was adorable, they wanted to try it out, the same special circumstances applied to their child.

"She would be a golem," Yeosang pondered. Of course, their child wouldn't look like Aodhán, but Seonghwa was invested. He liked how they took responsibility.

"More children," Wooyoung groaned. Yunho, on the other hand, matched Buddy with his glee.

"That sounds super lovable! I would love to see how she acts when animated."

"Let's ask Hongjoong about it," Seonghwa grinned. He took off while the others discussed the ins and outs of bringing up a child.

No loose branches caught in his dress, and the wind didn't mess up his hair. Cherished in nature's cradle, the elven prince roamed the side of the lake. He was unaware of the awed stares on him, enraptured like the first day. His eyes sought the forest for his mushroom-loving mage.

He found Hongjoong between the trees, crouched to cut his ingredients from the earth gently so they may regrow. He sprinkled his magic wherever he left, made sure the faeries could use it to replenish the plants he took.

It wasn't a common custom in the Spire of Magic. It was something he learned to do after recognising how important these forests were to Seonghwa.

Only the bright half of his hair gave him away. Otherwise, his ducked frame blended into the forest ground.

"Will you eat with us?" Seonghwa asked as he came to lean against a tree. It shifted to accommodate him, cradling his jutting bones so they wouldn't ache.

Hongjoong pocketed his herbs and dusted off his hands before he stood. The brilliant shine in his eyes marvelled at the shining prince.

"If you are there, yes."