22

It's been a full day after what had just happened. I missed Elijah.

I pulled my phone out as I stepped out of my bed, Jarred drove me back home last night.

"Elijah?", I asked quickly as I heard the ringing end.

"Kylie?", He answered slowly.

"Yeah it's me..", I smiled through the phone.

"How are you?", His sweet nice slow beautiful voice asked me.

"I'm okay.. How's Alyssa?", I quickly asked.

"She's okay..", He quickly answered.

"I miss you", I said without even realizing what I had just said.

"I miss you", He replied meaning every single world he had just said towards me.

"Want to go meet up at the cafe tonight at 7?", I heard him quickly ask me.

"Yes of course I'll meet you there", I smiled and hung up the phone after we had said our goodbyes.

I walked into the cafe feeling the warm loving environment take me in.
I decided to sit down at the table near the back entrance where it was slightly empty and a small table for two, obviously.

"May I get you anything?", A very kind young lady came up to me asking.

"Umm.. Just some of your iced green tea extra sweetened", Yeah I get that it was freezing outside but cold drinks are my life.

"Of course", She smiled and walked back over the counter.

I looked out the window kind of just spacing out thinking about how easily my life changed.

"Elijah", I murmured under my breathe as I saw him coming my way.

He walked into the cafe and towards me I quickly ran towards him and jumped into his arms embracing a very needed warm bear hug. Once we pulled away and sat down the waitress came back with my drink.

"Anything for you?", She smiled at Elijah.

"Yeah thanks a regular coffee, brown sugar", He smiled at her kindly as she turned around.

"Brown sugar?", I looked at him confusingly.

"Yeah, white sugar grosses me out", He shook his head in disgust.

"Oh really?", I looked at him smirking.

"What?-".

"This", I picked up a few packets of white sugar and waved them in his face, obviously they were not open but just for fun.

"Oh stop", He knocked my hand down chuckling softly.

"So what exactly happened between you and Alyssa?", He sipped a bit of his drink.

"You mean she didn't tell you?", I looked at him amused I would have expected that from her.

"Go ahead", He looks down at his drink then back at me.

"Right okay.. Well it's kind of hard to explain but Jarred promised he would keep me safe and he did from Alyssa who almost bit me", I looked straight at him then looked away quickly I felt the heat rise up my face.

"She tried to bite you!", He almost stood up in anger.

I quickly leant over and put my hand on his arm in comfort, "Elijah calm down it's okay, look at me I'm fine, and look I get it I know everyone says he's a bad person and maybe he is but he's giving me the impression that his not as bad as everyone thinks he is, sure he's done bad things in life but to be honest who hasn't-".

"It's okay.. Honestly it's okay", He smiled kindly as I smiled back.

"So what are your plans for tomorrow?", He looked out the window quickly.

"Well I should probably go to school", I chuckled softly.

"Probably..", We both just kind of sat there im silence for a few moments with our drinks.